On This Page
|Transfer Systems||Membranes & Filter Paper||Buffers & Reagents||Fluorescent Western Blotting||Resources and Protocols||Related Products||Contact an Expert|
Stain-Free technology is superior to conventional western blotting methods as it allows users to:
- Visualize gels minutes after electrophoresis
- Perform quality assessments at each step without the need for additional staining and destaining
- Increase accuracy and produce reliable quantitative results via total protein normalization
Western Blotting Transfer Systems
The Trans-Blot Turbo System enables fast, efficient, and reproducible transfer of proteins up to 400 kD. Preassembled Trans-Blot Turbo Transfer Packs are optimized for superior blot transfer.
- Fast transfer, in as little as 3 min
- Highest efficiency transfer
- High throughput — 4 mini gels or 2 midi gels per run
- Recommended for Stain-Free Western Blotting
Semi-Dry and Rapid Blotting Systems
Wet/Tank Blotting Systems
- Mini Trans-Blot Cell — for 2 mini gels
- Criterion Blotter — for 2 midi or 4 mini gels
- Trans-Blot Cell — for 3 large, 6 midi, or 12 mini gels
- Trans-Blot Plus Cell — for 3 XL or 12 midi gels
Microfiltration and Screening Systems
Western Blotting Membranes & Filter Paper
This hydrophobic PVDF membrane is ideal for chemiluminescent and colorimetric western blots. High mechanical strength facilitates reprobing.
- Retains target proteins very strongly
- Reduces nonspecific protein binding
- Ensures high signal with low background
Western Blotting Filter Paper
Western Blotting Buffers & Reagents
EveryBlot Blocking Buffer
- Complete blocking in 5 minutes
- Low background and high signal on fluorescent and chemiluminescent blots
- Compatible with phosphorylated protein detection
Antibodies and Conjugates
- StarBright Blue 700 Fluorescent Antibodies
- hFAB Rhodamine Housekeeping Protein Fluorescent Antibodies
- PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies
- HRP and AP Conjugates
- Clarity and Clarity Max Western ECL Substrates
- Immun-Star AP Chemiluminescence Kits
- Immun-Blot Opti-4CN Colorimetric Kits
- Immun-Blot AP Colorimetric Kits
Buffers and Blocking Agents
FEATUREDFluorescent Western Blotting
Bio-Rad's fluorescent western blotting workflow is a seamless integration of products designed to work together to offer guaranteed results. This validated set of solutions will make it easy for you to get better data every time.
Stain-Free Western Blot Imaging
See the fast, convenient, and transparent V3 Western Workflow process, how Image Lab Software performs data normalization using total protein loading controls, and how stain-free imaging yields reliable western blot results.
Can We Trust Western Blots?
In this presentation, Aldrin Gomes, Associate Professor of Neurobiology at UC Davis, talks about key success factors to instill trust in western blotting data.
The Western Blot Learning Center is a complete reference on all of the steps of western blotting, includes practical theory, protocols, and recommendations on how to make your blots better from experts.
Our self-help troubleshooting guide covers solutions to many common and not-so-common western blotting issues and helps your blots look their best.
Protein Blotting Guide
(PDF 7.9 MB)
Details on blotting technology, available products, and methods, plus tips, techniques, and troubleshooting.
(PDF 6.4 MB)
A guide to polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and protein detection, including theory, product selection, protocols, and more.
Stain-Free Western Blotting
(PDF 589 KB)
General Protocol for Western Blotting
(PDF 96 KB)
General Stain-Free Western Blotting Protocol
(PDF 578 KB)
Applications & Technologies
Learn more about western blotting techniques. Find step-by-step protocols and helpful tips on equipment, membranes, transfer conditions, and detection methods.
Bio-Rad's V3 Western Workflow facilitates speed and validation at each step of a western blotting experiment — from running gels to quantifying proteins.
Find protocols, video tutorials, and selection guides to help you at every step of your electrophoresis experiments.
Find information on protein visualization and quantitation methods, gel and blot imaging instrumentation, and image analysis software.
ChemiDoc Imagers offer best-in-class performance with ease of use for fluorescence and chemiluminescence detection and all general gel documentation applications.
Automated gel imaging and documentation for research laboratories and cGMP manufacturing environments.
Industry-friendly gel documentation system that calibrates itself before every run
Prestained and unstained molecular weight standards for protein electrophoresis applications including SDS-PAGE, western blotting, 2-D PAGE, and isoelectric focusing (IEF).
Find the right Bio-Rad protein gel for your application. Choose SDS-PAGE and native PAGE gels, convert to TGX Precast Gels, or choose specialized gel chemistries.
Our electrophoresis chambers enable rapid, high-resolution protein separation on precast or handcast gels over a variety of different gel sizes.
Loading buffers for protein or nucleic acid samples, detergents, ampholytes, and gel-casting buffers.
SureBeads Protein G Magnetic Beads enable fast, easy, consistent immunoprecipitation without centrifugation.
These premium antibodies are lab-validated using strict testing criteria to ensure superior performance in western blotting detection.