Light up your lab with a free fluorophore poster!Request a Poster
StarBright Blue 700 Secondary Antibodies, with an excitation maximum at 470 nm and emission maximum at 700 nm, are ideal for fluorescent western blotting. Either for the detection of a single target protein or for multiplex detection of several proteins on one blot, without stripping and reprobing. The StarBright fluorophore is a fluorescent nanoparticle that gives a signal that is considerably brighter than conventional dyes.
StarBright Blue 700 Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies can be used with traditional fluorophores like the DyLight 800 Fluorophore for multiplexing. In addition, StarBright Antibodies can be used with Bio-Rad's stain-free technology and/or the hFAB Rhodamine Anti-Housekeeping Primary Antibodies for protein normalization. These antibodies are optimized for use with the ChemiDoc MP Imaging System, permitting detection of up to three proteins in a single blot.
Features and Benefits
- Easy multiplexing — StarBright Secondary Antibodies can be used with IRDye 800 or other common fluorophores to detect multiple proteins on the same blot
- Short exposure time — the exceptional brightness of the StarBright Fluorophore leads to shorter exposure times compared to traditional fluorescent dyes: seconds vs. minutes
- High signal-to-noise ratio — StarBright Secondary Antibodies emit in the red/far red, where there is minimal background (Exmax/Emmax = 470 nm/700 nm)
- Low nonspecific binding — StarBright Fluorophore is conjugated to highly cross-adsorbed antibodies
Applications and Uses
StarBright Blue 700 Secondary Antibodies can be used for multiplex fluorescent western blotting with the right combination of fluorophores as described in the table below. These fluorescent secondary antibodies can also be used to detect post-translational modifications like phosphorylation of a target protein.
Note: StarBright Antibodies are not suitable for stripping and reprobing.
Recommended Fluorophore Combinations
|1||StarBright Blue 700||—||—|
|2||StarBright Blue 700||hFAB Rhodamine HKP* Antibody (α-actin/tubulin/GAPDH)||—|
|3||StarBright Blue 700||StarBright Blue 520||hFAB Rhodamine HKP Antibody (α-actin/tubulin/GAPDH)|
|Products||Cross-Adsorbed Species||Catalog Number|
|StarBright Blue 700 Goat Anti-Mouse IgG, 80 µl||•||•||•||•||•||12004159|
|StarBright Blue 700 Goat Anti-Mouse IgG, 400 µl||•||•||•||•||•||12004158|
|StarBright Blue 700 Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, 80 µl||•||•||•||•||•||12004162|
|StarBright Blue 700 Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, 400 µl||•||•||•||•||•||12004161|
- hFAB Rhodamine Housekeeping Protein Fluorescent Primary Antibodies
- DyLight 800 Secondary Antibodies
- PrecisionAb Primary Antibodies
- Precision Plus Protein All Blue Prestained Protein Standards
- ChemiDoc MP Imaging System
- Mini-PROTEAN TGX Stain-Free Precast Gels
- Fluorescent Western Blotting Antibodies
- Imaging Systems
- Semi-Dry and Rapid Blotting Systems
- V3 Western Workflow
- hFAB Rhodamine Housekeeping Antibodies Instruction Manual
- Fluorescent Western Blotting with StarBright Blue 700 Secondary Antibodies Selection Guide
- Fluorescent Western Blotting Antibodies Flier
Use the filters below to refine results!
Pkg of 5, lyophilized goat anti-mouse IgG conjugated with StarBright Blue 700 Fluorophore; reconstitute to 400 µl
Pkg of 5, lyophilized goat anti-rabbit IgG conjugated with StarBright Blue 700 Fluorophore; reconstitute to 400 µl