PCR amplification kits, PCR reagents, and PCR curriculum supplies are available to introduce students to the polymerase chain reaction (PCR). Students use these kits to amplify and analyze DNA in agricultural, human, forensic, and fish samples.
- PV92 PCR Informatics KitIn this activity, students use real-world forensic techniques to extract DNA from their hair follicles or cheek cells, and then use PCR amplification and electrophoresis to fingerprint their own DNA.
- Crime Scene Investigator PCR Basics KitThe Crime Scene Investigator PCR Basics Kit is an introductory polymerase chain reaction (PCR) kit that allows students to simulate DNA profiling as commonly used in forensic laboratories.
- Crime Scene Investigator PCR Basics Real-Time PCR Starter KitThe Crime Scene Investigator PCR Basics Real-Time PCR Starter Kit is a tool for teaching students the principles of PCR and its use in forensic DNA analysis.
- GMO Investigator KitThis kit uses PCR and DNA electrophoresis to test for the presence of two different GMO-associated DNA sequences: the 35S promoter of CaMV and the terminator of the nos gene of A. tumefaciens.
- GMO Investigator Real-Time PCR Starter KitThe GMO Investigator real-time PCR starter kit is designed for teaching students the principles of PCR and its use in testing foods for the presence of genetic modifications.