EveryBlot Blocking Buffer provides 5 minute blocking and maximum sensitivity for all western blots regardless of detection method.
Features and Benefits
- Reduces non-specific antibody binding to reduce background while maintaining excellent sensitivity
- For both chemiluminescent and fluorescent detection
- Contains no phosphate-based buffers. Ideal for use with phospho-specific antibodies
- Complete blocking in 5 minutes
For mini-sized blots, use at least 10 ml for blocking and antibody incubation steps.
For midi-sized blots, use at least 20 ml.
- Add block to the membrane and incubate for 5 minutes with agitation
- Dilute primary and secondary antibodies in full-strength block and incubate for 1 hour with agitation
For fluorescent detection on PVDF, add SDS to 0.02% in the secondary antibody solution.
Fluorescent multiplex detection in HEK293 cells. After electrophoresis, proteins were transferred to low fluorescence PVDF. Left, blot blocked in a fluorescent optimized blocker for 1 hour. Right, blot blocked in EveryBlot Blocking Buffer for 5 minutes. After blocking, both blots processed identically and imaged to maximize signal and minimize background for each channel independently.
Chemiluminescent detection of three targets in HEK 293 cells. After blocking, both blots processed identically and imaged and displayed using identical parameters.
Nothing to interfere with phosphoprotein detection. Detection of total (green) and phospho-specific (red) targets. Left, Jurkat cells unstimulated (–) or stimulated (+) with calyculin A. Center and right, A431 cells unstimulated (–) or stimulated (+) with EGF.
Low Background Across the Entire Spectrum
Effect of blocking agent on membrane background. Low fluorescence PVDF membranes without sample or antibodies blocked in either a fluorescence optimized blocking buffer or EveryBlot Blocking Buffer. After washing, membranes were imaged side by side on the ChemiDoc MP Imaging System. Membrane autofluorescence was measured in each fluorescent channel. Other vendor's buffer (); EveryBlot Buffer ().
|EveryBlot Blocking Buffer, 50 ml||12010947|
|EveryBlot Blocking Buffer, 500 ml||12010020|
- 1x Tris Buffered Saline (TBS) with 1% Casein (1610782)
- 1x Phosphate Buffered Saline (PBS) with 1% Casein (1610783)
- Blotting-Grade Blocker (1706404)
- Gelatin (1706537)
- Western Blotting Membranes
- Immunodetection Reagents and Kits
- Western Blotting Products
- Protein Electrophoresis and Blotting
- EveryBlot Blocking Buffer Flier
Use the filters below to refine results!