Criterion™ Tris-Tricine precast gels are ideal for vertical midi gel electrophoresis of peptides and small proteins with a molecular weight <10,000 D. Superior resolution is achieved by slowing the migration rate of the peptide-SDS complexes. This helps achieve separation from faster-moving SDS micelles that interfere with peptide resolution in Tris-glycine buffer systems.
Features and Benefits
- Ideal for the separation of small molecular–weight proteins
- Reproducible, high-resolution results
- Fast setup, loading, and run times
- Numbered, marked well outlines on the cassette ease sample loading and identification
- Run 2-D gels in less than a day
- Robust system allows separation of complex samples
Applications and Uses
- Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE or SDS-PAGE)
- 2-D gel electrophoresis
- Accurate molecular weight estimation
Use the Protein Migration Chart to select a gel percentage that will provide optimal resolution of your sample.
Use the filters below to refine results!