Buffered Peptone Water (BPW) Standard is used as diluent and nutritive enrichment broth for the resuscitation and growth of a wide variety of microorganisms including Cronobacter, Enterobacteriaceae, Escherichia coli, and Salmonella in all food products, animal feed products, and water samples.
Buffered Peptone Water Standard is used for standard enrichment conditions. If you have particular challenging protocols, stringent growth or demanding strains, we recommend using Buffered Peptone Water Plus. Contact your sales specialist to learn more.
Features and Benefits
- Phosphate buffering maintains high pH, allowing repair of species that are sensitive to low pH
- Rich broth aids in recovery and supports high levels of growth
- For standardizing test samples and to determine dilutions
- 225 ml broth is sufficient for enriching 25 g of sample
- BPW Standard, 5 L x 2 bags (12013260)
- BPW Standard, dehydrated, 500 g (12013259)
- BPW Standard, dehydrated, 5 kg (12013258)
- RAPID'Enterobacteriaceae, ready to use (3554012), dehydrated (3564004)
- RAPID'L.mono Agar, medium with supplements (3555294), dehydrated base (3564293), and plates (3563694)
- RAPID'Campylobacter Base, dehydrated (3564295) and supplement (3564296)
- RAPID'Salmonella Agar, plates (3563961) or dehydrated (3564705)
- RAPID'Sakazakii Agar, plates (3563971)
- iQ-Check PCR Detection Kits for Cronobacter spp., E. coli O157:H7, Salmonella spp., S. Enteritidis, Typhimurium and STEC (Shiga toxin-producing E. coli)