Use RAPID'Salmonella Agar Plates for the detection and enumeration of all Salmonella spp. in products intended for human or animal consumption, or in environmental samples. Identification using RAPID'Salmonella Medium is based on the chromogenic detection of C8-esterase activity, while simultaneous detection of β-glucosidase activity permits the differentiation of Salmonella from other Enterobacteriaceae.
Features and Benefits
- Salmonella spp. form magenta colonies
- Non-Salmonella spp. form blue or uncolored colonies
- Detect motile and non-motile Salmonella, lactose-positive Salmonella, and Salmonella Typhi/Paratyphi
- Choice of short or double enrichment protocols; results in <42 hr
Options for confirmation of Salmonella and serotype identification include the latex agglutination test (Salmonella groups B to E and G), iQ-Check®Salmonella II Real-Time PCR Test, evaluation of cytochrome c oxidases, ONPG Test (β-galactosidase), and Bio-Rad’s extensive range of antisera to flagellar, somatic, and capsular antigens.
- Certified NF VALIDATION according to the ISO 16140 standard and validated by the AOAC
- RAPID'Salmonella Medium can be used as a second medium in the ISO 6579 standard
- RAPID'Salmonella Agar, dehydrated (3564705)
- RAPID'Salmonella Capsules (3564710) and 10x concentrated (3564709)
- RVS (Rappaport Vassiliadis Soya) Broth, 25 x 10 ml tubes (3555773) and dehydrated 500 g (3564324)
- Salmonella Omni-O Antiserum (A–60) (3560781)
- iQ-Check Salmonella II PCR Detection Kit (3578123)