Use RAPID'Sakazakii Agar Plates for the detection and enumeration of Cronobacter spp. (formerly classified as Enterobacter sakazakii). RAPID'Sakazakii Medium is based on the chromogenic detection of α-gluconidase, using the substrate 5-bromo-4-chloro-3-indolyl α-D-glucopyranoside (X-Glc).
Features and Benefits
- Test dried products for infant feeding, their raw materials, as well as the production environment
- Validated short 24 hr protocol — can be used with infant milk powders due to their very low interfering contaminating flora — provides results after 18 hr non-selective enrichment in buffered peptone water broth
- Cronobacter sakazakii and other Cronobacter spp. form turquoise-colored colonies
- Non-Cronobacter spp. form light purple or gray colonies if not inhibited
- To confirm positive tests with iQ-Check® Cronobacter spp. Real-Time PCR Kit
Certified NF VALIDATION according to the ISO 16140 standard and validated by the AOAC.
- RAPID'Sakazakii Agar, dehydrated (3564976)
- Buffered Peptone Water Broth, 6 x 225 ml bottles (3554179) and dehydrated, 500 g (3564684)
- iQ-Check Cronobacter spp. Real-Time PCR Kit (3578137)