The ChemiDoc XRS+ System is based on CCD high-resolution, high-sensitivity detection technology and modular options to accommodate a wide range of samples and support multiple detection methods including fluorescence, colorimetry, densitometry, chemiluminescence, and chemifluorescence. The system is controlled by Image Lab software to optimize imager performance for fast, integrated, and automated image capture and analysis of various samples.
The system accommodates a wide array of samples, from large handcast polyacrylamide gels to small ReadyAgarose Gels and various blots. The system is an ideal accompaniment to PCR, purification, and electrophoresis systems, enabling image analysis and documentation of restriction digests, amplified nucleic acids, genetic fingerprinting, RFLPs, and protein purification and characterization.
Key benefits include:
- Gel and blot imaging and analysis are quick and accurate
- Automated, hands-off routines; no training is required
- Save and recall all the steps in the workflow for repeatable and reproducible results
- Optimize the system at setup for image data that is always accurate, reproducible, and free of imaging artifacts
- Wide range of applications with special accessories to preserve sample integrity for downstream research while ensuring user safety
- Comprehensive, automated quantitative analysis of protein and DNA samples in seconds
- Customize and organize data in reports
- Obtain publication-quality results quickly
The ChemiDoc XRS+ System optimizes reproducibility and reliability of experimental data, enabling quantitative comparisons between different experiments. Using proprietary algorithms, this imaging system is calibrated at setup to ensure:
- Images are in focus at all times, regardless of zoom level or sample position
- Appropriate flat fielding correction is automatically and consistently applied to image data for every application
- Imaging artifacts are automatically corrected
The ChemiDoc XRS+ System offers fast and sensitive chemiluminescence detection in addition to gel and blot documentation of fluorescent and colorimetric samples. The system includes a supersensitive 16-bit CCD camera that is supercooled for detection of faint samples. The ChemiDoc XRS+ system can be used for imaging with a wide variety of applications that require high resolution and sensitivity (such as chemiluminescent western blots).
The ChemiDoc XRS+ System eliminates the need to use costly and unreliable X-ray film technologies while providing quantitative and reproducable data in seconds. The system features a signal accumulation mode (SAM), which guides a user through determining optimum exposure time and capturing a desired image of a chemiluminescent sample.
The ChemiDoc XRS+ System has been discontinued. As an alternative, view the ChemiDoc Imaging System.
Where possible, Bio-Rad will continue to provide ChemiDoc XRS+ customers with support through 2028.
**U. S. patent 5,951,838.
Pkg of 1, accessory, for use with ChemiDoc and Gel Doc Imaging Systems
Pkg of 1, goggles for use with SYBR Safe dyes and Blue Trays for use with ChemiDoc and GelDoc Imaging Systems
Pkg of 4, printer paper rolls for use with Mitsubishi Thermal Printer (#170-8089)