What Is Stain-Free Technology?
The ChemiDoc Imaging System provides fast, reliable, and sensitive imaging and documentation of gels and chemiluminescence western blots. This system is compatible with stain-free technology, chemiluminescence detection, and a wide range of gel stains such as ethidium bromide, SYPRO Ruby, Coomassie, and silver stains.
The ChemiDoc Imaging System can be upgraded to gain the full fluorescent western blotting capabilities of the ChemiDoc MP System. The upgrade package has an increased spectrum (RGB, far red, and near infrared), allowing multiplex fluorescence western blotting capability with minimal cross-talk between channels. Multiplex fluorescence allows detection of multiple antigens on the same blot, eliminating the need for stripping and reprobing.
Stain-Free Western Blotting provides efficient, consistent electrophoresis and blotting with the ability to rapidly assess electrophoresis and blot transfer quality, and perform total protein normalization.
ChemiDoc Imaging Systems
Complete Capabilities: Superior Images
Total Protein Normalization
Learn how to properly design a quantitative western blotting experiment and faithfully compare protein expression levels, without concern for changing or overexpressed HKP’s.
See Data »
Save money on consumables and reduce environmental waste without compromising on performance. Get the sensitivity of film and the convenience of digital documentation.
See Data »
Save sample, avoid the errors commonly associated with stripping, reprobing, and cutting blots and answer more complex biological questions by optimizing your experiments to fluorescence.
See Data »
Features and Benefits
- All-in-one flexible imaging — get precise, reproducible chemiluminescence and colorimetric blot detection, analysis, and gel documentation in a single system
- Sample Trays and Smart Tray Technology — three sample trays available to cover diverse imaging applications. Smart Tray Technology automatically recognizes the application-specific trays and adjusts imaging parameters and software options accordingly
- Stain-free protein normalization — stain-free imaging permits the normalization of bands to total protein in both in gels and blots; eliminate the need for housekeeping proteins
- Ease of use — features include automatic selection of optimal light source by application, auto focus, auto exposure, and preview features ensure optimal images. Learn in minutes with on screen help
- Installation/Operational Qualification kit available for ensuring installation and calibration is properly executed for highly regulated laboratory environments.
Applications and Uses
- Electrophoresis — protein, including stain-free, and nucleic acid gel imaging and documentation
- Blotting — identify and quantify proteins, nucleic acids, protein-ligand interactions, etc. with chemiluminescence, or colorimetric detection
Image Lab Touch Software Demo
Explore how intuitive it is to acquire fluorescent and chemiluminescent gels and blots on the ChemiDoc systems. This easy-to-use software is perfect for multi-group use and comes installed on both the ChemiDoc and ChemiDoc MP.
- Internal computer with Image Lab Touch Software
- 12” touch screen display
- Image Lab Software to install on your computer
- Blot/UV/Stain-Free Sample Tray for Bio-Rad stain-free gels and blots, fluorescence multiplexing, chemiluminescence detection, ethidium bromide and SYPRO Ruby (12003028)
Mini and Midi Gel Stain-Free Western Blotting include:
- ChemiDoc Imaging System
- Mini-PROTEAN Tetra Cell, 4-gel (1658004) or Criterion Cell (1656001) Electrophoresis Chamber
- PowerPac Basic Power Supply (1645050)
- Trans-Blot Turbo Transfer System (1704150)
- 4–20% Mini-PROTEAN TGX Stain-Free or 4–20% Criterion TGX Stain-Free Protein Gels
- Buffers, Nitrocellulose Transfer Packs, Immun-Blot LF PVDF Membranes, and other consumables
- White Sample Tray for Coomassie Blue, copper, silver, and zinc stains (12003026)
- Blue Sample Tray for nucleic acid applications with GelGreen or any SYBR Stain (12003027)
- Holder for ChemiDoc Sample Trays and UV Shield (1708377)
- Gel Alignment Templates for ChemiDoc MP and ChemiDoc Imaging Systems (12003915)
- UV Safety Shield for ChemiDoc MP and ChemiDoc Imaging Systems (12003914)
|ChemiDoc Imaging System||17001401|
|Stain-Free Western Blotting for Mini Gels||17001403|
|Stain-Free Western Blotting for Midi Gels||17001390|
|ChemiDoc to ChemiDoc MP Upgrade Kit||12003263|
Note: Also available for increased capabilities are the ChemiDoc MP Imaging System (17001402), ChemiDoc MP Stain-Free Western Blotting for Mini Gels (17001395), and ChemiDoc MP Stain-Free Western Blotting for Midi Gels (17001389), which provide a broader spectrum (RGB, far red, and near infrared), multiplex fluorescence western blotting, and reduced crosstalk.
- PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies
- Clarity and Clarity Max Western ECL Blotting Substrates
- Protein Stains
- Nucleic Acid Stains and Tracking Dyes
Trans-white (requires White Sample Tray)
Trans-blue, 450–490 nm excitation (requires Blue Sample Tray)
590/110 nm standard emission filter for protein and DNA gel and blot imaging
Use the filters below to refine results!
The ChemiDoc Imaging System allows sensitive imaging and documentation of DNA/protein gels and chemiluminescent western blots