A full range of protein analysis kits is available for protein extraction, quantitation, separation, and analysis using techniques such as polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, western blotting, and ELISA.
- Got Protein? KitBased on the Bio-Rad Quick Start Bradford protein assay, this kit is designed to introduce students to proteomics and provides the tools for them to develop their own protein-based experiments.
- Giant Panda Problem Kit for AP BiologyInvestigate immunology and endocrinology while monitoring giant panda fertility with ELISA. Includes curriculum and materials to support structured, guided, and open inquiry. Covers Big Ideas 2 and 4.
- Biofuel Enzyme Reactions Kit for AP Biology
Explore enzyme kinetics associated with the production of cellulosic ethanol, a biofuel. This ThINQ! Kit provides support for an open or guided inquiry format, enabling a student-driven learning approach. Covers Big idea 2 and 4.
- Size Exclusion Chromatography KitColumn chromatography is the most common method used in biotechnology for separating a mixture of components in a liquid.This kit teaches the basic principles of size exclusion chromatography.
- Comparative Proteomics Kit I: Protein Profiler ModuleThis module allows students to employ protein electrophoresis, the most widely used technique in life science research, to study protein structure and function.
- Comparative Proteomics Kit II: Western Blot ModuleStudents use western blotting to specifically identify myosin light chain from the hundreds of other proteins that comprise the muscle cell extracts of closely and distantly related species of fish.