What is the Biologics Analysis Workflow?
The GS-900 Calibrated Densitometer is designed to reproducibly image gels, blots, and film and quantitate proteins across a wide dynamic range. The GS-900 Densitometry System uses transmissive and reflective imaging to scan chromogenic samples at the optimal detection wavelength. The three-color red, green, and blue CCD imaging technology enables accurate, reproducible quantitation with a wide variety of common stains.
To meet cGMP environment needs, the GS-900 Densitometer offers a security edition software module for 21 CFR 11 complliance and an Installation and Operations Qualification (IQ/OQ) Kit.
Applications and Uses
- Imaging of diverse samples on 1-D and 2-D gels, colorimetric dot and slot blots, film-based chemiluminescent blots, and autoradiograms
- Protein quantitation for Coomassie Blue- and silver-stained gels over a wide dynamic range of 0–3.4 OD
- Scanning large gels — oversized 29 × 33 cm imaging area
- Rapid image acquisition and analysis with intuitive, user-friendly Image Lab Software
Features and Benefits of the GS-900 Calibrated Densitometer
- Automatic self-calibration before each run
- The GS-900 Calibrated Densitometer uses built-in NIST-traceable step tablets for internal calibration to ensure the accuracy of each scan
- Internal calibration can be validated with an external NIST-traceable target to confirm accuracy and reproducibility using the GS-900 Calibrated Densitometer Installation and Operations Qualification Kit (1707994)
- One-touch operation button for further ease of image acquisition
- Image Lab Software greatly simplifies image analysis
- Automated analysis saves time and ensures consistency between runs
- Includes detailed tutorials; no previous imaging experience required to produce optimum gel and blot images
- Flexible analysis — simply modify user settings to match SOPs and fine-tune band detection, background level, and other settings
- Easy reporting with the ability to create customized reports
- Meets 21 CFR Part 11 regulatory requirements with an optional Image Lab Software Security Module (1709691)
- 16-bit precision and 36.3 μm resolution for the analysis of very close bands on a gel
- Sealed imaging area to accommodate wet samples of variable thickness
The GS-900 Calibrated Densitometry System and Image Lab Software are part of the Biologics Analysis Workflow — an integrated suite of products designed and validated to assess the purity or identity of biological products in a cGMP environment.
The Biologics Analysis Workflow provides:
- Increased electrophoresis throughput
- Simplified, sensitive, and reproducible gel staining
- Accurate and reproducible imaging
- Easy data analysis and report generation
0.0 to 2.7 OD RD reflective
Calibrated colorimetric gel and blot quantitation
Use the filters below to refine results!