Disease research involving the study of inflammation, sepsis, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes often requires the measurement of multiple acute phase biomarkers. Bio-Plex Pro™ human acute phase immunoassays deliver accurate and reproducible measurements of nine of the most commonly measured biomarkers, using the Bio-Plex® 200 system. The multiplex immunoassays have optimal performance in serum, plasma, and tissue culture supernatant. Bio-Plex offers a 4-plex panel and a 5-plex panel, as well as a complete kit which contains both panels.
The 5-plex panel detects:
- Serum amyloid A
- Tissue plasminogen activator
The 4-plex panel detects:
- C-reactive protein (CRP)
- Serum amyloid P
Dividing the targets into two kits of distinct sample dilution requirements reduces the need to expend assay reagents on multiple dilutions. These assays are based on 8.0 µm magnetic beads making them compatible with both vacuum and magnetic wash stations. Magnetic washing simplifies plate processing, provides increased throughput, and results in decreased variability and increased reproducibility.
- Allows detection of 9 human acute phase biomarkers in 2 assays
- Provides excellent sensitivity with both the automated washing system and a standard vacuum manifold
- Eliminates manual filtration steps (with automated washing), increasing throughput and reproducibility
- Includes controls for generating QC samples
If a complete kit is purchased, no additional reagents are required. If the panels are purchased alone, the following additional items are needed to perform a Bio-Plex Pro human acute phase assay:
- Bio-Plex Pro human acute phase reagent kit — includes assay reagents and instructions required to prepare samples and acquire data
- Bio-Plex Pro human acute phase diluent kit — includes diluents for diluting samples, standards, and controls (one diluent kit is sufficient to perform both the 5-plex and the 4-plex assays)
This product is not compatible with the Bio-Plex® MAPGIX™ and Bio-Plex 3D systems due to the bead size.
See how Bio-Plex instruments and assays benefit researchers studying heart disease, leukemia, melanoma, and other cancers.