Request a Demo The NGC Discover 10 System is designed for higher-throughput scale-up labs with automation and method development in mind. It has automated 10 ml/min pumps that provide accurate gradients for high-resolution separations for any application. This chromatography system may be used for method development, combining automated buffer blending with buffer inlets, a column switching valve, and a sample pump for expanded condition scouting options during the purification of proteins, peptides, and nucleic acids.
The system also allows gradient separations at flow rates up to 20 ml/min on large columns. The NGC Discover system has a multi-wavelength detector for the high-accuracy, simultaneous detection of proteins, peptides, and nucleic acids combined with conductivity monitoring. The NGC Discover 10 system allows automated buffer blending via the buffer blending valves and salt gradients via the buffer inlet valves. The blending valve also enables salt gradients at high flow rates up to 20 ml/min. The pH valve enables pH measurement and ensures full control of your conditions, while the sample pump enables automated unattended loading of multiple large sample volumes using the sample inlet valve on up to five columns connected to the column switching valve. The Discover Pro comes with a sample outlet valve. Fractionated samples can easily be collected using the NGC Fraction Collector, BioFrac Fraction Collector and outlet valve.
To learn more, watch the NGC system tour.
Up to 5 columns may be connected. Fractionated samples can easily be collected from analytical- to preparative-scale purifications using the BioFrac fraction collector.
The NGC Discover 10 system includes:
- 1 NGC 2 tier base frame
- 1 NGC 3rd tier expansion frame
- 1 NGC sample pump module
- 2 NGC F10 pump modules for a flow rate of 0.001–10 ml/min at 3,650 psi (252 bar, 25.2 MPa)
- 2 NGC inlet valve modules
- 1 NGC Column Switching Valve for switching between columns and media without the need to replumb
- 1 NGC mixer module small (263 µl), includes an extension mixer barrel (750 µl)
- 1 NGC multi-wavelength detector module for simultaneous four-wavelength detection at 190–800 nm and salt gradient monitoring with integrated conductivity monitor, includes tubing and fittings and one 5 mm flow cell
- 1 NGC sample inject valve (sample inject valve kit) for automated application of small sample volumes from sample loops or large sample volumes using an optional sample pump
- 1 NGC buffer blending valve module
- 1 NGC pH valve module, includes 1 NGC pH probe (Ag/AgCl)
- 1 integrated system touch screen
- 1 copy of ChromLab software for instrument control, data collection, and data analysis
- 1 documentation CD containing manuals for use with NGC systems
- 1 NGC buffer tray
- 1 NGC communication adaptor for connecting the BioFrac fraction collector
Features and Benefits of the NGC Discover 10 Chromatography System
A flexible, customizable chromatography system to suit both your application and workflow needs:
- The Guided Fluidics selection tool (patent pending) coupled with the Module Discovery system enables a single-click application-based system setup through automated module function recognition
- The Tier Rotate design allows optimal placement of valves and detectors to minimize the flow path
- Compact footprint – fits in a refrigerator
- Point-to-Plumb lighting shows the step-by-step LED-guided plumbing of the system
- Unique ChromLab software provides powerful system control, automated methods, and analysis options
Applications and Uses of Medium-Pressure Chromatography Systems
Preparative- to analytical-scale isolation, purification, and analysis of multiple types of molecules:
- Recombinant protein purification and refolding
- Monoclonal antibody purification
- Removal of viruses, protein preparations
- Analysis of plasma proteins for disease diagnosis
NGC modular components allow your chromatography system to meet both laboratory space and application requirements. As these requirements change, systems may be easily reconfigured and seamlessly upgraded with increased functionality, such as higher flow rates, more sophisticated detection capabilities, pH monitoring, column scouting, and buffer blending. Use the configurator tool to build the best system to fit your needs.
A PC controller enables easy communication with the workstation and peripheral devices. The controller includes the Windows 7 operating system, application software, a keyboard, mouse, and high-resolution flat-panel monitor.