The ChemiDoc Touch Imaging System is a fully featured instrument for gel imaging and western blot imaging. Featuring a compact design that integrates an intuitive touch screen with a powerful computer, this imaging system uses application-specific trays for chemiluminescence and UV/visible fluorescence detection including stain-free gel and blot imaging (only with Bio-Rad stain-free gels
Using the ChemiDoc Touch Imager as part of the V3 Western Workflow™
brings a new level of quality control and quantitation to the western blotting process, allowing you to visualize
, and validate
your results at multiple points throughout the process.
- High-performance imaging — get the sensitivity of film without the hassles of film processing and its inherent pitfalls; combining this sensitivity with a suite of software tools to optimize imaging and quantitation provides an unmatched ability to resolve both the faintest and most intense bands into meaningful data
- Easy, flexible interaction — Image Lab Touch Software takes the guesswork out of imaging and puts publication-quality images at your fingertips in seconds. Acquire images with a rapid 3-step protocol, then engage a full complement of digital tools to assess, select, and export your images
- Stain-free imaging capability — the ChemiDoc Touch Imaging System supports Bio-Rad’s unique stain-free gel technology, enabling you to image gels in 5 min without staining, and quantitate bands by total protein normalization
See how this researcher improved his western blot imaging by switching from film to digital imaging using the ChemiDoc Touch System.
Learn how you can streamline your western blotting protocol and validate your results at each step with the V3 Western Workflow.
Electrophoresis — protein and nucleic acid gel documentation, stain-free protein gel imaging
Western blotting — monitor electrophoresis, verify protein transfer, and quantitate proteins on blots
Three different sample trays are available for diverse imaging applications — Smart Tray Technology™ automatically recognizes the application-specific trays and adjusts imaging parameters and software options accordingly:
- White sample tray for Coomassie Blue, copper, silver, and zinc stains (170-8372)
- Blue sample tray for nucleic acid applications with GelGreen or any SYBR® stain (170-8373)
- Chemi/UV/stain-free sample tray for Bio-Rad stain-free gels and blots, chemiluminescent detection, ethidium bromide, SYPRO Ruby, and more (170-8374)
Contact your Bio-Rad sales representative for more information or submit a quote request online.
View accessories for the ChemiDoc Touch Imager.
Learn more about V3 Western Workflow configurations.
Browse all western blotting products and protein gels.