Use RAPID'E.coli 2 Agar for Water Testing for the direct enumeration of E. coli and coliforms in water intended for human consumption waste water. RAPID'E.coli 2 Agar uses two chromogenic color reactions, β-D-galactosidase (GAL) and β-D-glucuronidase (GLUC), for the clear identification of E. coli and coliforms.
After rehydration and autoclaving, cool to 47 ± 2°C and add 1.0 ml of RAPID'E.coli 2 Selective Supplement (3555298) per 100 ml agar, prior to pouring plates.
Features and Benefits
- Direct enumeration of E. coli and coliforms on a single plate
- Coliforms are GAL+/GLUC- and form blue to green colonies
- E. coli is GAL+/GLUC+ and forms violet to pink colonies
- Results in 24 hr
- No confirmation step required
Certified AFNOR Certification as an alternative method to the reference standard EN ISO 9308-1.
- RAPID'E.coli 2 Agar Kit for Water Testing (3555296)
- RAPID'E.coli 2 Agar Plates for Water Testing (3563982)
- RAPID'E.coli 2 Selective Supplement (3555298)