The ChemiDoc Imaging System provides fast, reliable, and sensitive imaging and documentation of gels and chemiluminescence western blots. This system is compatible with stain-free technology, chemiluminescence detection, and a wide range of gel stains such as ethidium bromide, SYPRO Ruby, Coomassie, and silver stains.
The ChemiDoc Imaging System can be upgraded to gain the full fluorescent western blotting capabilities of the ChemiDoc MP System. The upgrade package has an increased spectrum (RGB, far red, and near infrared), allowing multiplex fluorescence western blotting capability with minimal cross-talk between channels. Multiplex fluorescence allows detection of multiple antigens on the same blot, eliminating the need for stripping and reprobing.
The ChemiDoc V3 Western Workflow provides efficient, consistent electrophoresis and blotting with the ability to rapidly assess electrophoresis and blot transfer quality, and perform total protein normalization.
ChemiDoc Imaging Systems
Complete Capabilities: Superior Images
Total Protein Normalization
Learn how to properly design a quantitative western blotting experiment and faithfully compare protein expression levels, without concern for changing or overexpressed HKP’s.
See Data »
Save money on consumables and reduce environmental waste without compromising on performance. Get the sensitivity of film and the convenience of digital documentation.
See Data »
Save sample, avoid the errors commonly associated with stripping, reprobing, and cutting blots and answer more complex biological questions by optimizing your experiments to fluorescence.
See Data »
Features and Benefits
- All-in-one flexible imaging — get precise, reproducible chemiluminescent and colorimetric blot detection, analysis, and gel documentation in a single system
- Sample Trays and Smart Tray Technology — three sample trays cover diverse imaging applications. Smart Tray Technology automatically recognizes the application-specific trays and adjusts imaging parameters and software options accordingly
- Stain-free protein normalization — stain-free imaging permits the normalization of bands to total protein in both in gels and blots; eliminate the need for housekeeping proteins
- Ease of use — features include automatic selection of optimal light source by application, auto focus, auto exposure, and preview features ensure optimal images. Learn in minutes with on screen help
- Internal computer with Image Lab Touch Software
- 12” touch screen display
- Image Lab Software to install on your computer
- Blot/UV/Stain-Free Sample Tray for Bio-Rad stain-free gels and blots, fluorescence multiplexing, chemiluminescence detection, ethidium bromide and SYPRO Ruby
Optional Components (see Accessories tab)
- White Sample Tray for Coomassie Blue, copper, silver, and zinc stains (12003026EDU)
- Blue Sample Tray for nucleic acid applications with GelGreen or any SYBR Stain (12003027EDU)
- Holder for ChemiDoc Sample Trays and UV Shield (1708377EDU)
- Gel Alignment Templates for ChemiDoc MP and ChemiDoc Imaging Systems (12003915EDU)
- UV Safety Shield for ChemiDoc MP and ChemiDoc Imaging Systems (12003914EDU)
Trans-white (requires White Sample Tray)
Trans-blue, 450–490 nm excitation (requires Blue Sample Tray)
Use the filters below to refine results!