Use the CFX96 Optical Reaction Module for precise, reproducible real-time PCR. The optical module includes an optical system for collection of fluorescent data and a thermal cycler block. SYBR® Green Supermix, 96-well PCR plates and plate seals are included.
The CFX96 Optical Reaction Module is a member of the family of interchangeable reaction modules that can be used with the C1000 Touch Thermal Cycler Chassis for PCR and real-time PCR. All modules can be quickly inserted and removed from the cycler chassis without tools.
Features and Benefits
When the CFX96 Optical Reaction Module is combined with the thermal cycler chassis, the system offers:
- Detection of up to 5 targets per well, plus a channel dedicated to singleplex FRET
- Protocol autowriter that generates an optimal protocol for your reaction components
- Thermal gradient feature that identifies optimal annealing temperature in a single run
- CFX Maestro Software and qbase+ Software for reliable validation, data analysis, and export of RDML files for conformance with MIQE guidelines
The CFX96 Touch Real-Time PCR Detection System has six independently controlled thermal electric units providing even, precisely controlled temperatures at all times during the run, including ramping. The reduced mass of the honeycomb block provides fast ramping and reduced settling time (time to achieve thermal uniformity).
The optical system, with six filtered LEDs and six filtered photodiodes, collects data from all wells, detecting up to five targets per well. For single-color FAM and SYBR Green I, the fast scan option reads single-channel fluorescence in all 96 wells in just 3 seconds. A channel with an LED filter photodiode combination is dedicated to FRET singleplex experiments.
The large touch-screen interface has intuitive graphical programming and displays data traces in real time. The programmable thermal gradient feature can test eight temperatures at once to quickly determine the optimal annealing temperature, and the protocol autowriter quickly optimizes reactions, generating an optimal protocol based on your polymerase, primers, and product length.
- CFX96 Optical Reaction Module
- USB cable
- CFX Maestro Software
- Instruction manual
- qbase+ Software license
- SsoAdvanced Universal SYBR® Green Supermix (1725270)
- Hard-Shell Low-Profile Thin-Wall 96-Well Skirted PCR Plates (HSP9601)
- Microseal 'B' Adhesive Seals (MSB1001)
The following modules can be used with the C1000 Touch Thermal Cycler Chassis:
|Module||Module with Starter Package*|
|Dual 48/48 Fast Reaction Module||1840148||—|
|96-Well Fast Reacton Module||1840196||—|
|96–Deep Well Reaction Module||1840197||—|
|384-Well Reaction Module||1840138||—|
|For Real-Time PCR|
|CFX96 Optical Reaction Module||1845097||1845096|
|CFX96 Deep Well Optical Reaction Module||1844095||1844096|
|CFX384™ Optical Reaction Module||1845385||1845384|
The CFX96 Touch Real-Time PCR Detection System can be configured with other PCR instruments, allowing stand-alone or software control. Instrument permutations allow up to four different CFX Connect, CFX96, or CFX384 Systems to be controlled by one PC.
Combine any two CFX Real-Time PCR Detection Systems with the CFX Automation System II, our robotic plate handler, to create a high-throughput, automated real-time PCR system with a compact footprint.
Service Plans and Validation Tools for CFX Systems
- Ensure that your real-time PCR systems are functioning optimally with Bio-Rad Expert Care Service; choose from several service plans to keep your CFX Automation System II running its best
- Certify system installation and validate system performance with CFX System IQ/OQ Services and CFX Automation System II IQ/OQ Services
- Verify the performance of your CFX Systems with Thermal Validation Services and the CFX Qualification Plates
- C1000 Touch Thermal Cycler Chassis (1841100)
- PX1 PCR Plate Sealer
- PCR plastics optimized for CFX Real-Time PCR Detection Systems:
- Hard-Shell 96-Well Low Profile Skirted PCR Plates
- Microseal 'B' Adhesive Seals (MSB1001)
- Optically Clear Heat Seals (1814030)
- CFX Maestro Software, Security Edition, for compliance with U.S. FDA 21 CFR Part 11 regulations
- CFX Qualification Plate for performance verification, 96-well (1845098)
- Real-Time PCR Detection Systems
- PCR Reagents and qPCR Reagents
- PCR Plastic Consumables
- PCR Seals
- PCR Analysis Software
- CFX96 Touch Deep Well Real-Time PCR Detection System Specifications Sheet
- CFX96 Touch and CFX96 Touch Deep Well Real-Time PCR Detection Systems Installation Quick Guide
- CFX96 Touch, CFX96 Touch Deep Well, and CFX384 Touch Real-Time PCR Detection Systems Instruction Manual
- Optical Design of CFX96 Real-Time PCR Detection System Eliminates the Requirement of a Passive Reference Dye Application Note
- Real-Time PCR Applications Guide
- Real-Time PCR Detection Systems Selection Chart
- qPCR/Real-Time PCR
- qPCR Instrumentation