Bio-Scale Mini Profinity IMAC cartridges are 1 ml and 5 ml Bio-Scale Mini cartridges filled with Profinity Ni-charged IMAC resin. They are used for the purification of recombinant histidine (His)-tagged proteins by immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC).
IMAC is a powerful purification technique that relies on the affinity that His-tag has for immobilized transition metals. Profinity IMAC resins, based on UNOsphere™ beads, contain iminodiacetic acid (IDA) as the chelating ligand for di- or trivalent metal ions. Its chemical structure allows highly selective binding of recombinant His-tagged proteins when charged with Ni2+ or other transition metals, such as Zn2+ or Cu2+. Profinity IMAC offers high capacity at high flow rates. It can be used under either nondenaturing or denaturing conditions.
Features of Profinity IMAC resins include:
- Optimal ligand density for higher purity of target protein
- Superb mechanical strength
- Excellent pressure-flow properties, for high maximum operating pressures and high flow rates, which allow rapid purification as well as rapid column cleaning and reequilibration
- Stable from pH 1 to 14
- Compatible with denaturing agents, detergents, and reducing agents
Bio-Scale Mini cartridges have a double-wall cartridge design* that provides extra durability and allows easy, reliable runs at pressures up to 45 psi with the aqueous buffers most commonly used for protein separation. Convenient, disposable, and ready to use, these cartridges are designed for use with BioLogic™ systems, a peristaltic pump, or any chromatography system. Bio-Scale Mini affinity cartridges can also be run on the Profinia™ protein purification system. For simple step elution, the cartridges can be used with a Luer-Lok syringe. Fittings are available for connection to HPLC- and FPLC-type systems.
Other features include:
- Simple luer fittings for easy connection to any system
- Chemically compatible polypropylene parts
- A wide range of chromatography media
Learn more about Bio-Rad’s suite of high-performance chromatography columns designed for high-resolution laboratory scale protein purification.
Fitting adaptors are available for connection to other low- and medium-pressure chromatography systems:
- Fittings kit for connection to BioLogic DuoFlow™ systems (732-0113)
- Fittings kit for connection to older AKTA systems with M6 fittings (732-0111)
- Fittings kit for connection to NGC™ systems and newer AKTA systems with 1/16th inch/10-32 fittings (732-0112)
Bio-Rad chromatography systems:
* U.S.patent 7,208,087.