Criterion™ XT gels are ideal for vertical midi protein gel electrophoresis, are designed to work with optimized sample and running buffers, and have an extended shelf life. Like traditional Laemmli systems, Criterion XT gels use discontinuous buffer ion fronts that form moving boundaries to stack and then separate proteins.
Features and Benefits
- 12 month shelf life
- Formulated using a Bis-Tris-HCl buffer system (pH 6.4) to separate proteins by molecular weight
- Select from two running buffers to expand the separation capability of a single Bis-Tris gel type
- Near-neutral pH significantly delays acrylamide hydrolysis as compared to traditional Laemmli systems
- Run 2-D gels in less than a day
Applications and Uses
- Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE or SDS-PAGE)
- 2-D gel electrophoresis
- Screen new samples
- Evaluate sample preparation conditions
To further refine the resolution range, refer to the Protein Migration Chart for different acrylamide concentrations appropriate for your proteins of interest.
Use the filters below to refine results!