Bio-Rad blot absorbent filter paper is high-quality 100% cotton fiber for use in electrophoresis and blotting applications. These filter papers are produced using ultrapure water and contain no additives that can interfere with any application. The uniform, smooth, white sheets are suitable for use with alcohol and other organic solvents involved in protein transfer and nucleic acid blotting. The papers also provide a uniform flow of buffer through the gel to the transfer membrane in a blotting sandwich.
Blot absorbent filter papers are available in a range of thicknesses:
- Extra thick — for Trans-Blot® SD semi-dry or Trans-Blot transfer cells (precut to gel dimensions from well to bottom of gel)
- Thick — for the Mini Trans-Blot cell, Criterion™ blotter, and Bio-Dot® and Bio-Dot SF microfiltration apparatus (applications requiring thick, high wet–strength filter paper)
- Thin — for transfer of thick gels using wet blotting methods (applications requiring thin, high wet–strength filter paper)
Features and Benefits
- Cotton fiber papers are used with PVDF or nitrocellulose membranes for the transfer of both proteins and nucleic acids
- Compatible with all standard immunoblotting and nucleic acid detection methods
- Extra thick and thick blotting papers are precut for specific gel sizes to fit in all Bio-Rad blotting cells
- Available in three formats:
- Convenient precut sheets of PVDF or nitrocellulose membrane/blot absorbent filter paper sandwiches
- Packs of precut filter paper–only sheets
- Economical rolls (thin paper only)
- Protein transfer from SDS-PAGE gels to membrane in preparation for western blotting
- Nucleic acid transfer in preparation for northern or Southern blotting
See the Blotting Membrane and Filter Paper Selection Guide for more information on the different filter paper types and size selections by gel type.
Use the filters below to refine results!