On This Page
|Transfer Systems||Membranes and
FEATURED PRODUCTFluorescent Antibodies
- StarBright™ Blue 700 Antibodies for unmatched sensitivity and easy multiplexing
- hFAB™ Rhodamine Antibodies for one-step detection of housekeeping proteins (actin, tubulin, and GAPDH)
Western Blotting Transfer Systems
The Trans-Blot Turbo System enables fast, efficient, and reproducible transfer of proteins up to 400 kD. Preassembled Trans-Blot Turbo Transfer Packs are optimized for superior blot transfer.
- Fast transfer, in as little as 3 min
- Highest efficiency transfer
- High throughput — 4 mini gels or 2 midi gels per run
Semi-Dry and Rapid Blotting Systems
Wet/Tank Blotting Systems
- Mini Trans-Blot Cell —for 2 mini gels
- Criterion™ Blotter —for 2 midi or 4 mini gels
- Trans-Blot Cell —for 3 large, 6 midi, or 12 mini gels
- Trans-Blot Plus Cell —for 3 XL or 12 midi gels
Microfiltration and Screening Systems
Western Blotting Membranes and Filter Paper
- Nitrocellulose Membrane 0.45 μm
- Nitrocellulose Membrane 0.2 μm
- Supported Nitrocellulose Membrane, 0.45 μm
- Supported Nitrocellulose Membrane, 0.2 μm
Western Blotting Filter Paper
This hydrophobic PVDF membrane is ideal for chemiluminescent and colorimetric western blots. High mechanical strength facilitates reprobing.
- Retains target proteins very strongly
- Reduces nonspecific protein binding
- Ensures high signal with low background
V3 Western Workflow™
The V3 Western Workflow streamlines the western blotting protocol, saving time and increasing accuracy and reliability by incorporating innovative tools throughout the process:
- Stain-free gel and blot imaging for total protein detection
- Rapid transfer with the Trans-Blot Turbo System
- High sensitivity and image resolution with the ChemiDoc™ MP and ChemiDoc Imaging Systems
|Watch Video||Request a Demo||Download Brochure|
Bio-Rad carries a full line of gel and blot imaging systems, including its proprietary stain-free imaging technology.
Gel and Blot Imaging Systems
(Note: This system is not enabled for stain-free detection)
Protein Electrophoresis Systems, Supplies, and Sample Preparation Kits
Western Blotting Resources
Our self-help troubleshooting guide covers solutions to many common and not-so-common western blotting issues and helps your blots look their best.
(PDF 7.9 MB)
Details on blotting technology, available products, and methods, plus tips, techniques, and troubleshooting.
(PDF 6.4 MB)
A guide to polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis and protein detection, including theory, product selection, protocols, and more.
Learn more about western blotting techniques. Find step-by-step protocols and helpful tips on equipment, membranes, transfer conditions, and detection methods.
Bio-Rad's V3 Western Workflow facilitates speed and validation at each step of a western blotting experiment — from running gels to quantifying proteins.
(VIDEO 11:41 mins)
See the fast, convenient, and transparent V3 Western Workflow process, how Image Lab Software performs data normalization using total protein loading controls, and how stain-free imaging yields reliable western blot results.
(VIDEO 45:55 mins)
Demonstration of quantitative analysis of fiber type–specific protein expression patterns in single muscle cells with a unique western blotting protocol utilizing Bio-Rad's stain-free imaging technology.
(VIDEO 45:41 mins)
In this presentation, Aldrin Gomes, Associate Professor of Neurobiology at UC Davis, talks about key success factors to instill trust in western blotting data.
Find protocols, video tutorials, and selection guides to help you at every step of your electrophoresis experiments.
Find information on protein visualization and quantitation methods, gel and blot imaging instrumentation, and image analysis software.
- Determining the Appropriate Sample Load for Western Blots (PDF 180 KB)
- Determining the Appropriate Sample Load When Using a Stain-Free V3 Western Workflow (PDF 182 KB)
- V3 Western Workflow (PDF 589 KB)
- Validating the Expression Consistency of a Housekeeping Protein (PDF 198 KB)
- General Protocol for Western Blotting (PDF 96 KB)
- General V3 Western Workflow Protocol (PDF 578 KB)
- Total Protein Normalization Publication List (PDF 197 KB)