Precision Plus Protein standard plugs allow easy, quick, and clean loading of molecular weight standards on any gel. The plugs can be used on vertical 2-D gels with no reference well. Precision Plus Protein unstained standards are cast in 1 mm thick agarose plugs for easy storage, handling, and loading. Load concentrations have been optimized for SYPRO Ruby, Silver Stain Plus™, and Bio-Safe™ Coomassie Blue staining.
Some features and benefits of the plugs are:
- Precast for ease of use — just snap, twist, and load the plug onto a gel
- Absolute molecular weight accuracy, confirmed by mass spectrometry
- Ideal ten-band range from 10 kD to 250 kD, with 3 high-intensity reference bands (25 kD, 50 kD, and 75 kD) for instant gel orientation
- Molecular weights that never change, so band sizes are easy to remember
- High r2 value, >0.995, allowing accurate molecular weight determination
- Known concentration of protein in each band, allowing quantitation capability
- Strep-tag amino acid sequence for detection and molecular weight determination on western blots
Precision Plus Protein standard plugs come in easy-to-use snap-off molds in packs of 24 (one application per plug).
10% (w/v) glycerol,
0.7% SDS, 62.5 mM Tris pH8.3,
50 mM DTT, 5 mM EDTA,
0.003% bromophenol blue
Use the filters below to refine results!