The QX200 AutoDG Droplet Digital PCR System provides absolute quantification of target DNA or RNA molecules for EvaGreen and probe-based Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR) applications. The Automated Droplet Generator simplifies the ddPCR workflow, making digital PCR both scalable and practical.
The AutoDG Instrument eliminates user-to-user variability, allowing you to fully exploit the precision of ddPCR technology by providing more consistent droplet counts across users and plates. The AutoDG Instrument also minimizes hands-on time — it takes less than 5 minutes to load the instrument, and no supervision or user activity is required during droplet generation.
Features and Benefits of the QX200 AutoDG Droplet Digital PCR System
Automated Droplet Generator — simplifies the ddPCR workflow and offers flexibility:
- Generates droplets for 96 ddPCR reactions in under 45 minutes
- Compatible with both the QX100 and QX200 Droplet Digital PCR Systems
- A single AutoDG Instrument can supply 4–5 Droplet Readers continuously
- Guides setup and loading with large, color touch-screen interface and LED lighting
- User-definable plate layout with increments of 8 wells provides run-to-run flexibility
- HEPA-filtered enclosure reduces the possibility of contamination and allows the system to be placed in any lab environment
Droplet Digital PCR Technology — the most precise and sensitive digital PCR solution for a wide variety of applications, providing:
- Flexible digital PCR chemistry — optimized for TaqMan Hydrolysis Probe and EvaGreen Assays
- Nanoliter droplet partitioning — reduces bias from amplification efficiency differences and PCR inhibitors
- Convenient assay design — standard curves are not required
Applications of the QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System
- Cancer biomarker studies and copy number variation — measure varying degrees of cancer mutations, detect rare DNA target copies, and resolve copy number variation states with superior sensitivity and resolution. Predesigned, wet-lab validated PrimePCR ddPCR Assays are now available for mutation and copy number detection.
- Pathogen detection — employ the extreme precision of the QX200 System to quantify small fold changes in target DNA or RNA molecules in pathogen detection and monitoring
- Next generation sequencing — perform absolute quantification of an NGS library without the use of a standard curve
- Gene expression analysis — achieve reliable and reproducible measurements of small fold changes for low-abundance mRNA and miRNA
- Environmental monitoring — test a wide variety of environmental samples such as soil and water
- Food testing — perform routine evaluation of genetically modified organisms (GMO) using validated ddPCR methods
The QX200 AutoDG Droplet Digital PCR System requires the use of the C1000 Touch Thermal Cycler with 96–Deep Well Reaction Module and the PX1 PCR Plate Sealer.
- DG32 Cartridges for AutoDG
- Automated Droplet Generation Oil for Probes
- Automated Droplet Generation Oil for EvaGreen
- Pipet Tips for AutoDG
- Pipet Tip Waste Bin for AutoDG
- Droplet Reader Oil
ddPCR Reagents for EvaGreen or TaqMan Hydrolysis Probe-Based Applications
- ddPCR Supermixes for Probes (no dUTP)
- QX200 ddPCR EvaGreen Supermix
- ddPCR Supermix for Probes
- One-Step RT-ddPCR Kit for Probes
Download the Droplet Digital PCR Applications Guide for in-depth information about setting up experiments for applications including:
- Copy number variation analysis
- Rare mutation and sequence detection
- Gene expression
- Next-generation sequencing library analysis
View Performance Data for the QX200 Droplet Digital PCR System.
Watch our Success Stories Videos to learn more about the applications of the Droplet Digital PCR System in diverse research fields.
Browse our Droplet Digital PCR Reference Library with links to scientific journal articles, conference posters, BioRadiations articles, and Bio-Rad technical reports.
Bio-Rad's Certified Service Provider Program for Droplet Digital PCR
Bio-Rad's Certified Service Providers allow any lab to access high-quality, validated analyses using our proprietary technology.
Learn More »
Closed: 66 x 56 x 66 cm (26 x 22 x 26 in)
Use the filters below to refine results!
AutoDG Droplet Digital PCR System for EvaGreen or probe-based digital PCR applications, includes Automated Droplet Generator, QX200 Droplet Reader, computer, and QX Manager Software, Standard Edition.
Modular thermal cycler platform, includes C1000 Touch Thermal Cycler chassis, 96–deep well reaction module, USB flash drive
Kits & Reagents
Kits & Reagents
1.2 ml (2 x 0.6 ml), 4x supermix, for use in sample preparation for droplet generation in the QX200 Droplet Digital PCR Systems
3 ml (5 x 0.6 ml), 4x supermix, for use in sample preparation for droplet generation in the QX200 Droplet Digital PCR Systems
2 ml (2 x 1 ml), 2x supermix, for use in sample preparation for droplet generation in the QX200/QX100 Droplet Digital PCR Systems
5 ml (5 x 1 ml), 2x supermix, for use in sample preparation for droplet generation in the QX200/QX100 Droplet Digital PCR Systems
500 x 20 µl reactions, 5 ml (5 x 1 ml), 2x supermix, for use in sample preparation with the droplet generator in the QX200™ Droplet Digital™ PCR System
200 x 20 µl reaction kit, for absolute quantification of target RNA in the QX200™AutoDG™/QX200™/QX100™ Droplet Digital™ PCR Systems
500 x 20 µl reaction kit, for absolute quantification of target RNA in the QX200™AutoDG™/QX200™/QX100™ Droplet Digital™ PCR Systems
200 x 20 µl reactions, includes ddPCR Library Quantification Assay and ddPCR Supermix for Probes (No dUTP), for quantification of Illumina TruSeq libraries using the QX200™/QX100™ ddPCR™ Systems
Pkg of 25, clear well/clear shell semi-skirted plates, for use with QX200™/QX100™ or QX200™ AutoDG™ Droplet Digital™ PCR Systems