RAPID'Salmonella Medium is a sensitive chromogenic agar used for the detection and enumeration of Salmonella spp. in products that are intended for human and animal consumption.
- Less than 42 hr to detect Salmonella spp. when using the short protocol
- Fast confirmation (less than 1 minute)
1 broth and 1 plate
- Saves money
- Saves handling time
Low false positive rate (<0.3% for all matrices)
- Saves on unnecessary confirmations
- Meets regulatory expectations
- Detects motile and non-motile Salmonella, as well as lactose-positive Salmonella, Salmonella Typhi, and Salmonella Paratiphy
- Certified NF VALIDATION according to the ISO 16140 standard and validated by AOAC
The high specificity and high selectivity of RAPID'Salmonella Medium are due to a combination of enzymatic activities and the inhibition of contaminating food flora.
The principle of RAPID'Salmonella Medium relies on the expression of two enzymatic activities. Salmonella spp. takes the form of easily identifiable typical magenta colonies (due to the activity of a C8 esterase) in 24 hr.
Counter selection (β-D glucosidase) is used in RAPID'Salmonella Medium to reveal other bacteria with a different color. RAPID'Salmonella Medium can detect motile and non-motile Salmonella, as well as lactose-positive Salmonella, including S. Typhi and S. Paratyphi.
RAPID'Salmonella Chromogenic Assay
Rapid and Cost-Effective Method
RAPID'Salmonella Medium can be used with a shortened protocol to obtain full results within 42 hr using one plate and one broth. The ISO 16140–validated latex confirmation test gives results in 1 hr directly from isolated colonies.
Other Applications of RAPID'Salmonella Chromogenic Medium
- As a second selective medium in different standardized protocols (for example, the ISO 6579 reference method)
- To confirm positive tests obtained with the iQ-Check Salmonella II PCR Detection Kit
Use the filters below to refine results!