Criterion™ XT gels are ideal for vertical midi protein gel electrophoresis, are designed to work with optimized sample and running buffers, and have an extended shelf life. Like traditional Laemmli systems, Criterion XT precast gels use discontinuous buffer ion fronts that form moving boundaries to stack and then separate proteins. Criterion XT Tris-acetate gels are formulated using a Tris-acetate buffer system (pH 7.0) that, when run with XT Tricine running buffer, separates large denatured proteins by molecular weight.
Features and Benefits
- 8 month shelf life
- Made without SDS, so they can also be used with nondenaturing sample and running buffers (native PAGE conditions) to separate proteins by mass-to-charge ratio
- Nonreducing and nondenaturing native conditions of native PAGE preserve biological activity and can improve epitope detection by antibodies
- Neutral pH significantly delays acrylamide hydrolysis as compared to traditional Laemmli systems
- Run 2-D gels in less than a day
Applications and Uses
- Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE or SDS-PAGE)
- 2-D gel electrophoresis
- Screen new samples
- Evaluate sample preparation conditions
To further refine the resolution range, refer to the Criterion XT Tris-Acetate Gel chart.
Use the filters below to refine results!