The ChemiDoc MP Imaging System is a full-feature instrument for imaging and analyzing gels and western blots. It is designed to address multiplex fluorescent western blotting, chemiluminescence detection, general gel documentation applications, and stain-free technology imaging needs.
Complete Capabilities: Superior Images
Total Protein Normalization
Features and Benefits
- All-in-one flexible imaging — get precise, reproducible fluorescence, chemiluminescence, and colorimetric gel and blot detection, analysis and documentation in a single system
- Improve your imaging capabilities with the ChemiDoc MP — benefit from the advantages of using a wider range of fluorescent reporters (RGB, far red, and near infrared) including StarBright Fluorophores; see the fluorophore compatibility chart
- Multiplex fluorescent western blotting — detect up to three proteins simultaneously and eliminate the need for stripping and reprobing
- Ease of use — features include automatic selection of optimal light source by application, auto focus, auto exposure, and preview features ensure optimal images. Learn in minutes with on screen help
- Stain-free protein normalization — stain-free imaging permits the normalization of bands to total protein in both in gels and blots; eliminates the need for housekeeping proteins
- Sample Trays and Smart Tray Technology — three sample trays available to cover diverse imaging applications. Smart Tray Technology automatically recognizes the application-specific trays and adjusts imaging parameters and software options accordingly
- Installation/Operational Qualification kit available for ensuring installation and calibration is properly executed for highly regulated laboratory environments.
Performing Stain-Free western blotting using the ChemiDoc MP System provides the ability to rapidly assess electrophoresis and blot transfer quality prior to blot processing, to perform total protein normalization and multiplexing using a wide rance of fluorophores.
Applications and Uses
- Electrophoresis — protein, including stain-free, and nucleic acid gel imaging and documentation
- Blotting — identify and quantify proteins, nucleic acids, protein-ligand interactions, etc. with fluorescence, chemiluminescence, or colorimetric detection
Image Lab Touch Software Demo
Explore how intuitive it is to acquire fluorescent and chemiluminescent gels and blots on the ChemiDoc systems. This easy-to-use software is perfect for multi-group use and comes installed on both the ChemiDoc and ChemiDoc MP.
- Internal computer with Image Lab Touch Software
- 12” touch screen display
- Image Lab Software to install on your computer
- Blot/UV/Stain-Free Sample Tray for Bio-Rad stain-free gels and blots, fluorescence multiplexing, chemiluminescence detection, ethidium bromide and SYPRO Ruby (12003028)
- White Sample Tray for Coomassie Blue, copper, silver, and zinc stains (12003026)
- Blue Sample Tray for nucleic acid applications with GelGreen or any SYBR Stain (12003027)
- Holder for ChemiDoc Sample Trays and UV Shield (1708377)
- Gel Alignment Templates for ChemiDoc MP and ChemiDoc Imaging Systems (12003915)
- UV Safety Shield for ChemiDoc MP and ChemiDoc Imaging Systems (12003914)
|ChemiDoc MP Imaging System||
Note: Also available are the ChemiDoc Imaging System (12003153), which provides a more limited fluorescence capability than ChemiDoc MP Systems. These systems can be upgraded to a broader spectrum (full RGB, far red, and near IR) to enable fluorescence multiplexing with the ChemiDoc to ChemiDoc MP Upgrade Kit (12003263).
- ChemiDoc and ChemiDoc XRS+ Imaging Systems
- Protein Gels including TGX Stain-Free Gels
- Western Blotting
- Nucleic Acid Electrophoresis and Blotting
Trans-white (requires White Sample Tray)
Trans-blue, 450−490 nm excitation (requires Blue Sample Tray)
Epi-blue, 460−490 nm excitation
Epi-green, 520−545 nm excitation
Epi-red, 625−650 nm excitation
Epi-far red, 650−675 nm excitation
Epi-near IR, 755−777 nm excitation
518–546 nm filter for blue-excitable fluorophores and stains
577–613 nm filter for green-excitable fluorophores and stains
675–725 nm for red-excitable fluorophores and stains
700–730 nm filter for far red-excitable fluorophores and stains
813–860 nm for near IR-excitable fluorophores and stains
Use the filters below to refine results!
The ChemiDoc MP Imaging System is a full-feature, best-in-class instrument for imaging and quantifying nucleic acid and protein in gels and western blots. It is capable of imaging fluorescent western blots (RGB, far-red, near-IR), chemiluminescent western blots, all common nucleic acid and protein gel stains, plus stain-free gels. Includes internal computer, 12" touch-screen display, camera, Blot/UV/Stain-Free Sample Tray, Image Lab™ Touch Software, and Image Lab Software
Pkg of 1, goggles for use with SYBR Safe dyes and Blue Trays for use with ChemiDoc and GelDoc Imaging Systems
Pkg of 1, imaging tray holder, holds 3 sample trays and 1 UV shield for ChemiDoc and GelDoc Imaging Systems; trays and shield not included
Pkg of 4, printer paper rolls for use with Mitsubishi Thermal Printer (#170-8089)