TGX FastCast premixed acrylamide solutions bring all the benefits of TGX gel chemistry to handcast polyacrylamide gels. TGX (Tris-Glycine eXtended) chemistry retains Laemmli-like separation characteristics while using a standard Tris-glycine running buffer system. Protein samples in the gel can be separated in only 20 minutes. TGX FastCast premixed acrylamide solutions for hand casting are available in the most commonly used cross-linking ratios for PAGE systems.
Features and Benefits of TGX FastCast Acrylamide Solutions
- Handcast gels ready to run in as little as 30 min
- Long shelf life — handcast gels remain fresh for up to 4 weeks at 4°C
- Electrophoresis run times as short as 20 min using Mini-PROTEAN Tetra or Criterion Cells
- Efficient protein transfers in as little as 3 min using the Trans-Blot Turbo Transfer System
Applications and Uses of TGX FastCast Acrylamide Solutions
- 1-D polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis for protein separation
- Accurate molecular weight estimation
- Robust separation for complex samples
Approximate number of gels per kit.
|Mini Gels (~9 x 7 cm)||Midi Gels (~13 x 9 cm)|
|Starter Kit||11 gels||19 gels||13 gels||9 gels||7 gels|
|Full Kit||55 gels||95 gels||65 gels||45 gels||35 gels|
Watch the TGX FastCast Tutorial Video to see how quick and easy it is to cast gels with TGX FastCast Acrylamide Kits. View step-by-step instructions for casting mini gels using the Mini-PROTEAN Tetra Casting Module.
Learn how to cast better gels with Bio-Rad’s TGX and TGX Stain-Free FastCast Acrylamide Kits: Tips & Tricks guide.
Download the FastCast Kits calculator to automatically calculate the volumes of stacker, resolver, APS, and TEMED required when casting TGX FastCast and TGX Stain-Free FastCast Gels.
Bio-Rad Gel Electrophoresis Systems
Gel handcasting equipment and electrophoresis cells are offered in mini and midi gel formats. See the electrophoresis system selection guide for more details.
Mini gel systems:
- Mini-PROTEAN Tetra and Mini-PROTEAN 3 Dodeca Cells with gel handcasting stands and frames
- Individual handcasting accessories for the Mini-PROTEAN Tetra Handcast System
- Mini-PROTEAN 3 multi-casting chamber to cast up to 12 gels
Preconfigured Mini-PROTEAN Tetra Cells can be ordered with the following features:
4-gel cell with 2 casting stands, 4 casting frames, 10-well combs, 5 short plates, and 5 spacer plates
See the Tetra cell bundle selection guide for bundles. To configure your own electrophoresis cell, order the four-gel Mini-PROTEAN Tetra Cell (1658004) and select a casting module from the Accessories tab.
Midi gel systems:
Use the filters below to refine results!