UNOsphere S cation exchange media are designed to meet the increasing needs of the biopharmaceutical industry for high-productivity chromatographic media. UNOsphere, a hydrophilic polymeric support based on a single-step polymerization process, delivers high productivity through high binding capacity and low backpressures. The single-step polymerization process produces a support unsurpassed in quality and batch-to-batch reproducibility.
UNOsphere S support is a strong cation exchanger.
- Optimized to operate under 2 bar backpressure at linear velocities of 1,200 cm/hr
- Stable to 1 M NaOH exposure up to 10,000 hours
- Efficient capture of biomolecules from crude feedstreams
- Large pores that result in ultrahigh binding capacities at fast linear velocities
- Hydrophilic polymeric beads
- Robust polymer designed to withstand repeated clean-in-place cycles
- Biopharmaceutical manufacturing quantities available
- Fully supported for regulatory submission
Most production chromatography systems have maximum pressure limits of 3 bar. The median particle size of UNOsphere S media is 80 µm, which generates a backpressure of less than 2 bar at 1,200 cm/hr. The highly macroporous nature of UNOsphere S media provides high binding capacities of 60 mg human IgG per ml of media at 150 ml/min. Harsh clean-in-place and sanitization cycles will not affect the long-term stability of UNOsphere media.
1,200 cm/hr: 30 mg IgG/ml
(10% breakthrough capacity determined with 4.5 mg/ml human IgG)
UNOsphere S support packed into a 20 cm bed height and run at 1,200 cm/hr generates less than 2 bar backpressure.
0.1 N NaOH for 30 days
Use the filters below to refine results!