Free Ceramic Hydroxyapatite reference wall charts for process purificationRequest Posters
CHT Ceramic Hydroxyapatite (Ca5(PO4)3OH)2 support is a leading purification medium for today's demanding downstream process industry. This mixed-mode support offers unique selectivities and often separates biomolecules that appear homogeneous using other chromatographic methods. The diverse binding capabilities of CHT media for host cell proteins, leached protein A, antibody dimers and aggregates, nucleic acids, and viruses allow its use at any stage from initial capture to final polishing.
The robust properties of CHT Ceramic Hydroxyapatite improve efficiency, yield, and financial value through:
- Excellent capture at elevated flow rates, enabling processing at all scales
- Large capacity for high-titer upstream feedstocks
- Exceptional selectivity, allowing a two-step chromatographic process
Two types of CHT Ceramic Hydroxyapatite, Type I and Type II, are available in three particle sizes, 20, 40, and 80 µm. Both types have elution characteristics similar to crystalline hydroxyapatite but also have some important differences:
- Type I, sintered at 400°C, has a higher protein binding capacity and better capacity for acidic proteins
- Type II, sintered at 700°C, has a lower protein binding capacity but offers better resolution of nucleic acids and certain proteins; it also has a very low affinity for albumin and is particularly well-suited for the purification of many species and classes of immunoglobulins
Learn Best Practices and Guidelines for Packing CHT Media
These guidelines for handling and packing are recommended for all CHT users to ensure reproducible and high-quality results. Please download the CHT Application Guide for specific details on recommended buffers and slurry calculations.
Watch Videos | Download Application Guide
Learn How CHT Media Can Maximize Purity and Recovery in Downstream Processing
This whiteboard animation video provides a brief introduction to Bio-Rad’s innovative mixed-mode chromatography media, CHT Ceramic Hydroxyapatite. The unique separation properties and selectivity of CHT Media enable you to maximize purity and recovery in a single step of downstream purification for the development of biotherapeutics.
How CHT Ceramic Hydroxyapatite Works Tech Note
Regulatory support files are available upon request. Bio-Rad Laboratories is an ISO 9001-registered corporation.
Use the filters below to refine results!