IPG strips simplify first-dimension separations by immobilizing the pH gradient on an easy-to-handle support strip. ReadyStrip™ IPG strips are cast using high-purity IPG monomers and are thoroughly tested for quality and performance to deliver gel-to-gel reproducibility. ReadyStrip IPG strips, available in a wide selection of pH gradients and strip lengths from 7 to 24 cm, fit Bio-Rad vertical electrophoresis cells and gels.
- Stringent gel length tolerances of ±2 mm for consistent pI separations
- Anode and pH range clearly printed on each strip, with bar coding on 24 cm strips
- Consistent backing lengths on both ends for self-centering on second-dimension gels without trimming
- Standard broad-range pH gradients for maximum resolution of total protein on a single gel
- Narrow-range gradients for greater resolution with more cm gel/pH unit over a full pH 3–10 range
- Micro-range gradients for the ultimate in resolution — zoom in on an area of interest or fine-map an entire proteome; strips are carefully designed with sufficient overlap to allow spot matching while limiting the extent of redundant data
- Comprehensive offering increases resolving power in the first dimension with overlapping pH ranges
Relative Focusing Power
Relative focusing power describes the enhanced resolution expected in the first dimension when using IPG strips of different lengths or pH ranges. A 7 cm pH 3–10 IPG strip is arbitrarily assigned a baseline focusing power of 1.0 in order to calculate the relative focusing power of the other strips, as shown here.
Narrow-range strips provide an increase in resolution. As illustrated in figures A–D, three overlapping narrow-range strips can dramatically expand the region for analysis.
Micro-range IPG strips enable the highest resolution available for IPG strips. The micro-range strips cover as small a range as 1 pH unit. These are particularly well suited for resolving different isoforms of the same protein.
Use the filters below to refine results!