Talk with a Specialist
RAPID'E.coli O157:H7 Medium is a selective chromogenic agar for the detection, isolation, and presumptive identification of Escherichia coli O157:H7 in human food products and environmental samples.
- High specificity to E. coli O157 serotype H7
- Only 1 plate required per sample
- Results in 48 hr
- Certified NF VALIDATION according to the ISO 16140 standard and validated by AOAC
RAPID'E.coli O157:H7 Medium provides laboratories with a rapid and cost-effective solution for E. coli O157:H7 detection, given that a single plate is required for each sample. The latex test for confirmation has been validated for use on isolated colonies grown on RAPID'E.coli plates.
- As a second selective medium in different standardized protocols (for example, the ISO 16654 reference method)
- To confirm positive results obtained with the iQ-Check E. coli O157:H7 PCR Detection Kit
RAPID'E.coli O157:H7 medium permits the detection of E. coli O157 serotype H7 using specific chromogenic substrates and biochemical activities.
- Typical E. coli O157:H7 (Sorbitol/SORB +, β-Glucuronidase/GLUC +) colonies are characteristically convex, 1–2 mm in diameter, and dark blue to black in color
- Atypical GLUC + E. coli O157:H7 are detected and present as dark blue to black colonies
- Atypical SORB + E. coli O157:H7 are detected and present as blue to turquoise blue colonies
RAPID'E.coli O157:H7 Medium is very specific. Most other bacteria and yeasts are inhibited or produce a different color. The selectivity of RAPID'E.coli O157:H7 Medium can be improved by adding selective agents such as novobiocin and potassium tellurite.
E. coli O157:H7
| Other E. coli
RAPID'E.coli O157:H7 Medium is available as a dehydrated agar broth (3564748).