Use RAPID'E.coli O157:H7 Agar for the detection, isolation, and presumptive identification of E. coli O157:H7 in food products. Results should be confirmed by standard reference methods appropriate for the food type being tested. Confirmation using latex is also validated for colonies isolated from RAPID'E.coli O157:H7 agar.
This product includes 100 g of dehydrated medium. Supplements of novobiocin (10 mg/L) and potassium tellurite (0.8 mg/L) must be added to this medium.
Features and Benefits
- Detection on a single plate
- Typical (sorbitol-/β-glucuronidase-) and atypical (β-glucuronidase+) E. coli O157:H7 colonies are dark blue or black
- Other atypical (sorbitol+) E. coli O157:H7 colonies are blue to turquoise blue
- 100% specificity demonstrated by testing 50 strains of E. coli O157:H7 and 35 other strains
- Selectivity is increased by the addition of novobiocin and other selective agents such as potassium tellurite
- Results with RAPID'E.coli O157:H2 Medium in ≤48 hr
Certified NF VALIDATION according to the ISO 16140 standard and validated by the AOAC.
- STEC Enrichment Broth, dehydrated, 500 g (3564001) and 5 kg (3564002)
- Modified Tryptic Soy Broth (mTSB) + Novobiocin, ready-to-use (3555426)
- Modified Tryptic Soy Broth (mTSB) Base, dehydrated (3564426)
- iQ-Check E. coli O157:H7 Real-Time PCR Kit (3578114)
- iQ-Check STEC VirX Real-Time PCR Kit (3578139) for detection of stx1-stx2 and eae virulence genes
- iQ-Check STEC SerO Real-Time PCR Kit (3578140) for detection of six O serotypes (O26, O111, O45, O145, O121, and O103) plus E. coli O157:H7