Dodeca stainers are high-throughput gel staining devices available in two sizes: the small size accommodates up to 24 Criterion gels while the large size can accommodate up to 12 large format gels. The stainers ensure high-quality, consistent results and eliminate gel breakage from excess handling. Dodeca stainers match the capacity of the PROTEAN IEF cell for first-dimension isoelectric focusing and the PROTEAN Plus Dodeca cell for second-dimension separation.
Features of the stainers include:
- A patented* shaking rack designed to hold the staining trays at an angle to allow air bubbles to escape and ensure uniform gel staining that provides optimal staining efficiency and protects gels from breaking
- A flexible design that accommodates a variety of gel sizes (see compatibility table)
- Compatibility with Bio-Safe colloidal Coomassie Blue G-250 stain, Coomassie Brilliant Blue R-250 stain, SYPRO Ruby protein gel stain, Flamingo fluorescent gel stain, and Dodeca silver stain kits
- A white development tray that allows easy monitoring of the final development step during the staining process
- A reagent access door integrated into the lid to add staining solutions without disturbing the gels
- Boxes for convenient storage of gels (optional)
Use the filters below to refine results!
100–240 V, large gel staining device, includes 13 trays, 12 Criterion tray attachments, shaking rack, solution tank, lid with motor, shaker control, gel clip
100–240 V, large gel staining device (#165-3400) and silver stain kit (#161-0480) for a large tank, sufficient for up to 12 large format gels