On This Page
|SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Assays||SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assays||Vaccine Research and Development||Public Health Studies||Ordering Options||Documents & Resources||Related Products|
Bio-Plex Pro Human SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Assays*
Bio-Plex™ Pro Human SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Assays
Product Information SheetSee Performance Data
- Allow researchers to assess the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines
- Enable comparison of effectiveness of naturally acquired or vaccine-induced antibody response to arising variants of concern
- Are highly precise and sensitive
- Can quantitatively measure SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies against two wild type and 11 variants of RBD and Spike 1 protein subunits
- Have SARS-CoV-2 antigens coated on magnetic beads that bind neutralizing antibodies in
competition with a biotinylated detection ACE2 receptor
- Have flexible assay configurations that address different research needs
SARS-CoV-2 Wild Type and Variant S1 and RBD Antigens
- Wild type RBD
- Wild type S1
- Alpha S1
- Beta S1
- Gamma RBD
- Delta RBD
- Delta Spike Trimer
- Epsilon RBD
- Kappa RBD
- D614G S1
- E484K RBD
- K417N RBD
- N501Y RBD
Neutralization Antibody Assay Developer Kit
In this rapidly changing SARS-CoV-2 variant landscape, the Bio-Plex Human SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Custom Assay Developer Kit.
- Can be used to develop neutralization assays with any variant of interest
- Comes with the Bio-Plex Pro Amine Coupling Kit, a vial of Bio-Plex Pro Magnetic COOH Bead# 27, and Bio-Plex Pro Serology Beads Storage Buffer.
Flexible Assay Options
Choose between all-in-one 11-Plex and 2-Plex kits, or customize your own assay using individual assay components:
- SARS-CoV-2 Variant Antigen Coupled Beads
- SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Standard
- Biotinylated Detection ACE2 Receptor
- SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Reagent Kit
Bio-Plex Pro Human SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assays*
Bio-Plex Pro SARS-CoV-2 Multiplex Serology Assays FlierDownload Flier
Bio-Plex Pro Human SARS-CoV-2 IgA, IgG, IgM Assays
Product Information SheetSee Performance Data
- Are sensitive and specific
- Enable researchers to study the spectrum of longitudinal humoral response post COVID-19 vaccination or natural exposure to SARS-CoV-2
- Have IgA, IgG, and IgM isotype-specific 4-plex panels that measure SARS-CoV-2 antibodies against
- Receptor Binding Domain (RBD)
- Spike 1 (S1)
- Spike 2 (S2)
Flexible Assay Options
Choose between the all-in-one IgA, IgG, and IgM kits or customize your own assays using:
- SARS-CoV-2 4-plex, N, RBD, S1, or S2 coupled beads to assay antibodies specific to SARS-CoV-2 in multiple species
- Species-specific Bio-Plex Pro reagent kits
- Human biotinylated detection antibodies
- IgA, IgG, and IgM specific control sets (Human only)
COVID-19 Vaccine Research and Development and Clinical Trials
The immune response to vaccination is multifaceted, with elements of the innate and adaptive immune response reacting to the target immunogen. Capturing the antibody response is one aspect that can be used to determine a vaccine's efficacy.
The Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 serology and neutralization antibody assays enable you to:
- Detect antibody response to specific viral subunits and quantitatively measure neutralizing antibodies to understand each protein’s immunogenicity profile
- Monitor dosing levels and efficacy in preclinical and clinical trials
- Determine effectiveness of vaccine over time through seropositive results during post-market surveillance
IgA, IgG, and IgM Multiplex Serology and Neutralization Antibody Assays
Publications For Multiplex Immunoassay Use in Vaccine Development
- Trivedi SU, Miao C, Sanchez JE, Caidi H, Tamin A, Haynes L, Thornburg NJ. Development and Evaluation of a Multiplexed Immunoassay for Simultaneous Detection of Serum IgG Antibodies to Six Human Coronaviruses. Sci Rep. 2019 Feb 4;9(1):1390. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-37747-5
- Itell HL et al. (2018) Development and application of a multiplex assay for the simultaneous measurement of antibody responses elicited by common childhood vaccines. Vaccine. 2018 Sep 5;36(37):5600-5608. DOI: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2018.07.048
- Nygård M et al. (2018) Evaluation of the Long-Term Anti-Human Papillomavirus 6 (HPV6), 11, 16, and 18 Immune Responses Generated by the Quadrivalent HPV Vaccine. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2015 Aug;22(8):943-8. DOI: 10.1128/CVI.00133-15
SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Assays for Public Health Studies
Surveying the seroprevalence of antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 virus is key to understanding local infection and exposure rates in specific areas or institutions. Because some people are asymptomatic and may not know they have been infected, population studies are crucial in modeling transmission in the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Assays provide flexible options to measure anti-SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibodies in a population. Samples can be assayed to measure any combination of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid, receptor-binding domain, spike 1, and spike 2 viral proteins.
Publications For Multiplex Immunoassay Use in Seroprevalence Studies
- Fenwick C et al. (2020) Changes in SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Responses Impact the Estimates of Infections in Population-Based Seroprevalence Studies. medRxiv 2020.07.14.20153536; DOI: 10.1101/2020.07.14.20153536
- Kamminga S (2018) Seroprevalence of fourteen human polyomaviruses determined in blood donors. PLoS One. 2018 Oct 23;13(10):e0206273. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0206273
- Kaur H et al. (2018) Evaluation of the reproducibility of a serological test for antibodies to Chlamydia trachomatis pgp3: A potential surveillance tool for trachoma programs. J Microbiol Methods. 2018 Apr;147:56-58. DOI: 10.1016/j.mimet.2018.02.017
Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 Assays Ordering Options
Multiplex SARS-CoV-2 Serology and Neutralization Ab Assays Kits
Select complete, ready-to-use kits for multiplex target panels. For human samples only.
NEW COVID-19 eBook
Sero-Surveillance: Immunoassays for Combating the COVID-19 Pandemic
SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Assays
Instruction Manual & Quick Guide
Find info about kit contents, storage, workflows, detailed instructions, and important considerations with this manual.
Read this quick guide for protocols on how to prepare and run assays.
Bio-Plex Amine Coupling Kit Instruction Manual (PDF 259 KB)
Find info about kit contents, storage, workflows, detailed instructions, and important considerations with this manual. The amine coupling kit is used to develop new SARS-CoV-2 Variant assay with Bio-Plex Pro Human SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Custom Assay Developer Kit (17007632).
Development of New SARS-CoV-2 Variant Neutralization Antibody Assays Using the Bio-Plex Pro Human SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Custom Assay Developer Kit Application Note (PDF 12 KB)
Learn how this new Bio-Plex Developer Kit can be used to rapidly develop assays for determining the percentage inhibition of neutralization antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 variants.
SARS-COV-2 Serology Assays
Instruction Manual and Quick Guide
Learn more about the assay with detailed instructions, workflows, kit contents, storage, and troubleshooting tips with this instruction manual.
Find out how to prepare and run a full 96-well Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assay plate with this quick guide.
Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 IgG
Produce results with this semiquantitative protocol for use with the Bio-Plex Human IgG SARS-CoV-2 N/RBD/S1/S2 Serology Assays.
Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 IgA and IgM
Generate quantitative results with this protocol for use with Bio-Plex Human IgA and IgM SARS-CoV-2/RBD/S1/S2 Serology Assays
Quantitative Bio-Plex Pro Human IgG, IgA, and IgM SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assays Using a Standard Curve Application Note (PDF 420 KB)
Learn how the VIROTROL SARS-CoV-2 Serological Control is validated for use as a reference material to quantitate levels of SARS-CoV-2–specific IgG, IgA, and IgM antibodies using the Bio-Plex Pro Human IgG, IgA, and IgM SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assays in this application note.
Bio-Plex Pro Human IgA, IgG, and IgM SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assay Performance in Freeze-Thawed and Refrigerated Serum, Plasma, and Saliva Samples (PDF 267 KB)
Learn about the effects of sample refrigeration and repeated freeze-thaw cycles when using the Bio-Plex Pro Human IgA, IgG, and IgM SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assay.
Calibration Factors Using WHO International Standard (NIBSC 20/136) for Anti–SARS-CoV-2 Immunoglobulins Flier (PDF 135 KB)
Reference WHO conversion factors to compare SARS-CoV-2 serology immunoassay results among different manufacturers and platforms.
Bio-Plex Analyte Guide (PDF 2.2 MB)
Explore the different multiplex immunoassays and panels available on the Bio-Plex platform. Evaluate assay performance characteristics and sample data to choose the panel that fits your application.
Bio-Plex Multiplex Systems Brochure (PDF 15.9 MB)
Learn about how how you can reduce time to results and samples while discovering more with Bio-Plex multiplex immunoassays, instruments, and software.
In this webinar, we discuss early research and nascent hypotheses regarding the pathophysiology of SARS-CoV-2 induced COVID-19 disease by evaluating cytokine and chemokine profiles, the role of chronic inflammation in comorbidities, and the arc of immune resolution of historical virulent pathogens, such as SARS and MERS.
Get the most data out of your sample, without spending time on individual ELISAs. Learn how multiplex assays are being used on the front lines to understand patient immune response during infection, and discuss the most commonly asked questions around targets, panels, and multi-plate data analysis.
Tips for overcoming developmental hurdles, technologies that can shorten timelines, and novel tools for manufacturing and quality control.
In this webinar, we will be discussing the immune response to SARS‑CoV-2, both in the context of natural exposure to the virus as well as induced immunity from vaccination. We will also investigate the relationship between symptom severity and the longevity of acquired immunity.
Bio-Rad provides multiple solutions to study the host response to coronavirus infection including assays to profile cytokine levels, immune and inflammation markers, and flow cytometry solutions to monitor cellular immune response.
Bio-Plex Readers and Tools include the Bio-Plex 200 and Bio-Plex 3D Systems, Bio-Plex Pro Wash Station, and maintenance, calibration, verification, and validation kits.