On This Page
|SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Assays
|SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assays
|Vaccine Research and Development
|Public Health Studies
|Documents & Resources
Bio-Plex Pro Human SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Assays*
Bio-Plex™ Pro Human SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Assays
Product Information Sheet
- Allow researchers to assess the efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines
- Enable comparison of effectiveness of naturally acquired or vaccine-induced antibody response to arising variants of concern
- Are highly precise and sensitive
- Can quantitatively measure SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies against two wild type and 11 variants of RBD and Spike 1 protein subunits
- Have SARS-CoV-2 antigens coated on magnetic beads that bind neutralizing antibodies in
competition with a biotinylated detection ACE2 receptor
- Have flexible assay configurations that address different research needs
Neutralization Antibody Assay Developer Kit
In this rapidly changing SARS-CoV-2 variant landscape, the Bio-Plex Human SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Custom Assay Developer Kit.
- Can be used to develop neutralization assays with any variant of interest
- Comes with the Bio-Plex Pro Amine Coupling Kit, a vial of Bio-Plex Pro Magnetic COOH Bead# 27, and Bio-Plex Pro Serology Beads Storage Buffer.
Flexible Assay Options
Choose between all-in-one 11-Plex and 2-Plex kits, or customize your own assay using individual assay components:
- SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Standard
- Biotinylated Detection ACE2 Receptor
- SARS-CoV-2 Neutralization Antibody Reagent Kit
Bio-Plex Pro Human SARS-CoV-2 Serology Assays*
Bio-Plex Pro SARS-CoV-2 Multiplex Serology Assays Flier
Bio-Plex Pro Human SARS-CoV-2 IgA, IgG, IgM Assays
Product Information Sheet
- Are sensitive and specific
- Enable researchers to study the spectrum of longitudinal humoral response post COVID-19 vaccination or natural exposure to SARS-CoV-2
- Have IgG isotype-specific 4-plex panels that measure SARS-CoV-2 antibodies against
- Receptor Binding Domain (RBD)
- Spike 1 (S1)
- Spike 2 (S2)
Flexible Assay Options
Choose between the all-in-one IgG kits or customize your own assays using:
- SARS-CoV-2, N, RBD, S1, or S2 coupled beads to assay antibodies specific to SARS-CoV-2 in multiple species
- Species-specific Bio-Plex Pro reagent kits
- Human biotinylated detection antibodies
- IgA, IgG, and IgM specific control sets (Human only)
COVID-19 Vaccine Research and Development and Clinical Trials
The immune response to vaccination is multifaceted, with elements of the innate and adaptive immune response reacting to the target immunogen. Capturing the antibody response is one aspect that can be used to determine a vaccine's efficacy.
The Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 serology and neutralization antibody assays enable you to:
- Detect antibody response to specific viral subunits and quantitatively measure neutralizing antibodies to understand each protein’s immunogenicity profile
- Monitor dosing levels and efficacy in preclinical and clinical trials
- Determine effectiveness of vaccine over time through seropositive results during post-market surveillance
IgA, IgG, and IgM Multiplex Serology and Neutralization Antibody Assays
Publications For Multiplex Immunoassay Use in Vaccine Development
- Trivedi SU, Miao C, Sanchez JE, Caidi H, Tamin A, Haynes L, Thornburg NJ. Development and Evaluation of a Multiplexed Immunoassay for Simultaneous Detection of Serum IgG Antibodies to Six Human Coronaviruses. Sci Rep. 2019 Feb 4;9(1):1390. DOI: 10.1038/s41598-018-37747-5
- Itell HL et al. (2018) Development and application of a multiplex assay for the simultaneous measurement of antibody responses elicited by common childhood vaccines. Vaccine. 2018 Sep 5;36(37):5600-5608. DOI: 10.1016/j.vaccine.2018.07.048
- Nygård M et al. (2018) Evaluation of the Long-Term Anti-Human Papillomavirus 6 (HPV6), 11, 16, and 18 Immune Responses Generated by the Quadrivalent HPV Vaccine. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2015 Aug;22(8):943-8. DOI: 10.1128/CVI.00133-15
SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Assays for Public Health Studies
Surveying the seroprevalence of antibodies to the SARS-CoV-2 virus is key to understanding local infection and exposure rates in specific areas or institutions. Because some people are asymptomatic and may not know they have been infected, population studies are crucial in modeling transmission in the COVID-19 pandemic.
Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Assays provide flexible options to measure anti-SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibodies in a population. Samples can be assayed to measure any combination of antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid, receptor-binding domain, spike 1, and spike 2 viral proteins.
Publications For Multiplex Immunoassay Use in Seroprevalence Studies
- Fenwick C et al. (2020) Changes in SARS-CoV-2 Antibody Responses Impact the Estimates of Infections in Population-Based Seroprevalence Studies. medRxiv 2020.07.14.20153536; DOI: 10.1101/2020.07.14.20153536
- Kamminga S (2018) Seroprevalence of fourteen human polyomaviruses determined in blood donors. PLoS One. 2018 Oct 23;13(10):e0206273. DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0206273
- Kaur H et al. (2018) Evaluation of the reproducibility of a serological test for antibodies to Chlamydia trachomatis pgp3: A potential surveillance tool for trachoma programs. J Microbiol Methods. 2018 Apr;147:56-58. DOI: 10.1016/j.mimet.2018.02.017
Bio-Plex SARS-CoV-2 Assays Ordering Options
Multiplex SARS-CoV-2 Serology and Neutralization Ab Assays Kits
Select complete, ready-to-use kits for multiplex target panels. For human samples only.
Individual SARS-CoV-2 Serology and Neutralization Ab Assays Components
Measure individual SARS-CoV-2 isotype specific antibodies and neutralizing antibodies. Viral protein coupled beads can be used for human samples and other species.
NEW COVID-19 eBook
Bio-Rad provides multiple solutions to study the host response to coronavirus infection including assays to profile cytokine levels, immune and inflammation markers, and flow cytometry solutions to monitor cellular immune response.
Bio-Plex Readers and Tools include the Bio-Plex 200 and Bio-Plex 3D Systems, Bio-Plex Pro Wash Station, and maintenance, calibration, verification, and validation kits.