RAPID'E.coli 2 Medium is a selective chromogenic agar used for direct enumeration, without confirmation, of colonies of Escherichia coli and other coliforms in food products.
- Simultaneous enumeration of E. coli and coliforms at 37°C without further confirmation
- Specific enumeration of E. coli at 44°C without further confirmation
- Results in 18–24 hr
- Certified NF VALIDATION according to the ISO 16140 standard and validated by AOAC
The medium is based on the simultaneous detection of β-D-Glucuronidase (GLUC) and β-D-Galactosidase (GAL) activities. E. coli (GAL+/GLUC+) forms violet to pink colonies, while other coliforms (GAL+/GLUC-) form blue to green colonies.
Detection of GLUC confers a high specificity to the method because E. coli is one of the few species of Enterobacteriaceae to possess this enzyme. Growth of interfering flora is inhibited, especially at 44°C, conferring high specificity to the medium.
RAPID'E.coli 2 Chromogenic Assay
Two Easy Protocols
- A single layer and a single plate per dilution for counting colonies of E. coli at 44°C
- Counting colonies of E. coli and coliforms at 37°C within a single layer on the same plate
Use the filters below to refine results!
Pkg of 1, 500 g of dehydrated agar broth, enough for 13.5 L of medium