The Aquadien DNA Extraction and Purification Kit is used for reliable high-yield bacterial DNA extraction and purification from water samples to enhance sensivity and reproducibility of real-time PCR analysis. The kit must be used prior to real-time PCR assays for optimal results.
- Developed for efficient bacterial DNA extraction from all water samples, aerosols, and biofilms
- Allows enhanced detection of bacteria in water samples, including Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella spp., and E. coli
- Designed to work with iQ-Check Legionella Real-Time PCR Kits or other real-time PCR analysis
- Optimized extraction from 1 L of water per sample
- Rapid detection and quantitation of pathogenic bacteria (24 hr)
- Standardized protocol for routine monitoring of drinking water, swimming pools, whirlpools, industrial water distribution systems, and other water sources
- AFNOR/ISO validated by AFNOR Certification according to the NF T90-471 and ISO TS 12869 standards
The protocol uses alkaline thermal lysis after tangential microfiltration (cross flow filtration), which reduces clogging of membrane pores during sample concentration.
Use the Aquadien W2 Wash Solution (3578119) for samples that clog the membrane and for samples containing PCR inhibitors.
The Aquadien DNA Extraction and Purification Kit (3578121) contains the components for processing 96 samples.
Use the filters below to refine results!