Solutions for Gene Editing Transfection
CRISPR gene editing provides versatile workflows that enable researchers to edit their desired target genes efficiently and accelerate therapeutic development. Explore our solutions for gene editing workflows.
Once a gene editing strategy has been designed, the first step in the CRISPR gene editing workflow is to identify the best method for delivering the CRISPR-Cas9 system into the animal, human, tumor-derived, or wild-type cells of interest. Transfer efficiency and subsequent cell viability are very important when considering which transfection method to use.
The industry-leading Gene Pulser Xcell Electroporation System has been used in over 700 peer-reviewed studies and has supported a wide range of research for more than 20 years. If lipid-mediated transfer proves most efficient, TransFectin Lipid Reagent provides a gentle, effective option even for primary cell lines. The ZOE Fluorescent Cell Imager can be used to monitor transfection efficiencies and cell health right on your bench, and the TC20 Automated Cell Counter automates cell counting at multiple stages of transfection, improving accuracy in cell counting across all stages of the experiment.
Companion Products for Transfection
- Universal electroporation — transfects all cell types, from primary and stem cells to bacteria and yeast
- Preset protocols — includes the most common mammalian and bacterial cell types
- Protocol library — collection of electroporation protocols for every cell type including primary, immortal, and bacterial cells
- High-efficiency transfections and transgene activity for a broad range of cells
- Low cytotoxicity helps maintain cell viability
- Flexibility — excellent performance at culture densities between 40—90% and in the presence or absence of serum-containing medium
- Simplicity — 3-step protocol and no post-transfection media changes required for most cell types
- Simplified cell imaging — the intuitive touch-screen interface allows users to view cells, capture images, and create multichannel merges with minimal training
- Flexible operation — brightfield and three fluorescence channels enable use for routine cell culture applications and more sophisticated imaging applications
- Accurate cell counts in one simple step
- Auto-focus technology and sophisticated cell-counting algorithm