The PREvalence ddPCR SARS-CoV-2 Wastewater Quantification Kit provides reproducible, quantitative results in wastewater testing for SARS-CoV-2, the virus caused by COVID-19.
The PREvalence ddPCR SARS-CoV-2 Wastewater Quantification Kit, based on the U.S. CDC and WHO RT-PCR primers for SARS-CoV-2 detection, allows for the detection of N2 and E genes in SARS-CoV-2. It also includes an assay for the Murine Coronavirus or Murine Hepatitis Virus (MHV), an enveloped, single-stranded RNA virus. MHV serves as a matrix recovery control, enabling estimation of the virus lost during sample processing. The test allows for all three targets to be detected in a single well using the kit. The kit also contains reagents sufficient for 200 reactions, and there is an automated software tool available for analysis.
Features and Benefits
- Addresses an unmet need in COVID surveillance — the ability to test millions of people with sufficient lead time to take action
- Quantitative without requiring a standard curve
- More inhibitor-resistant compared to qPCR
- Reproducible results across runs, reagent lots, and instruments
- Single-well multiplex test, or two two-well test if using fecal indicator
- Turnaround time <8 hours from sample to answer
- Validated on the QX200 ddPCR Platforms, compatible with QX ONE ddPCR Platform
- Aligned to CDC guidelines on wastewater testing
- Multiple viral targets for more robust assay performance
- Automatic analysis with the PREvalence Wastewater Automated Analysis Application
Applications and Uses
- Detecting SARS-CoV-2 virus in wastewater
Use the filters below to refine results!