Use this midi Criterion TGX Protein Gel for separation of polypeptides >30 kD. The novel formulation of TGX, Tris-Glycine eXtended, Stain-Free Gels delivers a long shelf life and allows rapid fluorescent detection of proteins with Bio-Rad’s stain-free enabled imaging systems. TGX Stain-Free Gels can be used for either standard SDS denaturing protein separations or native electrophoresis.
Bio-Rad offers a wide range of Criterion TGX Stain-Free Precast Protein Gels, including other 12+2-well gels in both single percentages and gradients.
Features and Benefits
- Stain-free imaging of gels and blots in 1 min
- Can be used for denaturing electrophoresis with standard running buffer containing SDS
- Laemmli-like separation in the presence of SDS
- Run time as short as 20 min
- Proteins retain native conformation and activity in the absence SDS
- 12 month shelf life
Criterion TGX Stain-Free Gels contain trihalo compounds, which in the presence of UV-light react with tryptophan residues producing fluorescence. The fluorophores remain covalently bound to the proteins throughout electrophoresis and blotting, and may be visualized in gels or multiple times on PVDF membranes.
- 10x Tris/Glycine/SDS Running Buffer (1610732)
- 10x Tris/Glycine Running Buffer (1610734)
- 2x Laemmli Sample Buffer (1610737)
- Native Sample Buffer (1610738)
- Protein Ladders and Standards (Markers) including unstained, prestained and western
- ChemiDoc™ Touch Imaging System and other ChemiDoc and GelDoc™ stain-free enabled imaging systems
Criterion Gel Application Guide, Instruction Manual