Oils required for conducting digital PCR experiments include Droplet Generation Oils and Droplet Reader Oil.
Droplet Generation Oils
Droplet Generation Oils are used to create sample-in-oil droplets required for Droplet Digital PCR (ddPCR), and different formulations are available for both probe and EvaGreen detection chemistries.
Generation Oils Optimized for Probe Applications
- Droplet Generation Oil for Probes — for use with the QX200 Droplet Generator: 70 ml (10 x 7 ml) (1863005)
- Automated Droplet Generation Oil for Probes — for use with the Automated Droplet Generator (AutoDG): 140 ml (1864110)
Droplet Generation Oil for Probes and Automated Droplet Generation Oil for Probes are compatible with the digital PCR supermixes and kits below:
- ddPCR Supermix for Probes (No dUTP)
- ddPCR Supermix for Probes
- Residual DNA Quantification Supermixes
- One-Step RT-ddPCR Advanced Kit for Probes
- Digital PCR Assays
Droplet Generation Oils Optimized for EvaGreen Applications
- QX200 Droplet Generation Oil — for use with the QX200 Droplet Generator: 14 ml (2 x 7 ml) (1864005) or
70 ml (10 x 7 ml) (1864006)
- AutoDG Oil for EvaGreen — for use with the Automated Droplet Generator: 140 ml (1864112)
For use exclusively with the QX200 ddPCR EvaGreen Supermix.
Droplet Reader Oil
Droplet Reader Oil is used during the droplet analysis step of the digital PCR workflow on the QX600/QX200 Droplet Reader.
ddPCR Droplet Reader Oil is specifically formulated to work with the droplet reader in the QX600/QX200 Droplet Digital PCR Systems.
ddPCR Droplet Reader Oil EcoTank for Probes is a high-capacity reservoir that can be used instead of individual oil and waste bottles in your QX200™ Droplet Reader. The EcoTank fits in the existing oil location without any hardware modification, and enables droplet reader oil recirculation for a lower cost and greener workflow while delivering the same best-in-class performance on the QX200 Droplet Digital™ PCR System.
QX Software for Digital PCR Systems
When connected to a ddPCR System, QX Software provides all necessary functionality to create, run, and analyze experiments on your samples.
Buy Digital PCR Assays
Simply enter your target of interest or sequence and order a ddPCR AssayFind an Assay
Droplet Digital PCR Publications
Browse the growing list of cited peer-reviewed journal articles in Droplet Digital PCR research featuring Bio-Rad products.
All Droplet Generation and Droplet Reader Oils are optimized for use with consumables for Droplet Digital PCR Systems.
Supporting Documents and Resources
- QX200 Droplet Generator Instruction Manual
- QX200 Droplet Reader Instruction Manual
- Automated Droplet Generator Instruction Manual
- QX600 Droplet Reader Instruction Manual
Use the filters below to refine results!
70 ml (10 x 7 ml), oil for use with droplet generator in the QX600/QX200 Droplet Digital™ PCR Systems
2 L (2 x 1 L), oil for use with droplet reader in the QX600/QX200 Droplet Digital™ PCR Systems