Bio-Beads SM-2 adsorbents are analytical-grade, neutral macroporous polymeric beads with a high surface area for adsorbing organics with MW <2,000 from aqueous solutions. These beads can be used in aqueous solution with solvents including alcohols, petroleum ether, diethyl ether, and hexane, or with solvent mixtures, without expansion or contraction of the beads.
Bio-Beads SM-2 nonpolar polystyrene adsorbents are useful for the adsorption of nonpolar substances or surface active agents from aqueous solutions.
Common applications of Bio-Beads SM-2 adsorbents include:
- Removal of detergents such as Triton X-100
- Removal of organics such as polyaromatic hydrocarbons from water
- Cleanup of drugs from plasma and urine
- Cleanup of biological metabolites and pesticides
- Extraction of dyes and mycotoxins from food products
Use the filters below to refine results!