Salmonella are Gram-negative bacillus from Enterobacteriaceae family, responsible for 80% of foodborne illness outbreaks.
- Buffered Peptone Water BrothNon-selective broth used in pre-enrichment phases (e.g. detection of Salmonella and Cronobacter) and revivification-phases (e.g. enumeration of Listeria) in order to standardize the test sample and make dilutions.
- Hektoen AgarMedium used for the isolation of Enterobacteria and for the differentiation of pathogenic Enterobacteria in the analysis of food products.
- MKTTn (Mueller Kauffman Tetrathionate Novobiocin) BrothMedium used for the selective enrichment of Salmonella for detection in food products.
- RAPID'Salmonella CapsulesThe RAPID’Salmonella capsule is a selective supplement for addition to Buffered Peptone Water as part of the RAPID’Salmonella method.
- RVS (Rappaport Vassiliadis Soya) BrothSelective enrichment broth used for the detection of Salmonella in food products and water.
- Selenite-Cystine BrothEnrichment medium for the detection of Salmonella in food products and in stools.
- XLD (Xylose Lysine Desoxycholate) Agar
Medium used for the detection and enumeration of Enterobacteria, and notably Salmonella.
- XLT4 (Xylose Lysine Tergitol 4) AgarMedium used for the isolation of H2S-positive Salmonella in food products
- Brilliant Green Red Phenol Agar (Kristensen or Edel and Kampelmacher Agar)Medium used for the isolation of Salmonella in food products and water.