The ChemiDoc Imaging System provides fast, reliable, and sensitive imaging and documentation of gels and chemiluminescence western blots. This system is compatible with stain-free technology, chemiluminescence detection, and a wide range of gel stains such as ethidium bromide, SYPRO Ruby, Coomassie, and silver stains.
The ChemiDoc Imaging System can be upgraded to gain the full fluorescent western blotting capabilities of the ChemiDoc MP System. The upgrade package has an increased spectrum (RGB, far red, and near infrared), allowing multiplex fluorescence western blotting capability with minimal cross-talk between channels. Multiplex fluorescence allows detection of multiple antigens on the same blot, eliminating the need for stripping and reprobing.
The ChemiDoc™ V3 Western Workflow™ provides efficient, consistent electrophoresis and blotting with the ability to rapidly assess electrophoresis and blot transfer quality, and perform total protein normalization.
- All-in-one flexible imaging — get precise, reproducible chemiluminescence and colorimetric blot detection, analysis, and gel documentation in a single system
- Sample Trays and Smart Tray Technology™ — three sample trays available to cover diverse imaging applications. Smart Tray Technology automatically recognizes the application-specific trays and adjusts imaging parameters and software options accordingly
- Stain-free protein normalization — stain-free imaging permits the normalization of bands to total protein in both in gels and blots; eliminate the need for housekeeping proteins
- Ease of use — features include automatic selection of optimal light source by application, auto focus, auto exposure, and preview features ensure optimal images. Learn in minutes with on screen help
- Installation/Operational Qualification kit available for ensuring installation and calibration is properly executed for highly regulated laboratory environments.
- Electrophoresis — protein, including stain-free, and nucleic acid gel imaging and documentation
- Blotting — identify and quantify proteins, nucleic acids, protein-ligand interactions, etc. with chemiluminescence, or colorimetric detection
- Internal computer with Image Lab™ Touch Software
- 12” touch screen display
- Image Lab Software to install on your computer
- Blot/UV/Stain-Free Sample Tray for Bio-Rad stain-free gels and blots, fluorescence multiplexing, chemiluminescence detection, ethidium bromide and SYPRO Ruby (12003028)
- Clarity™ (1705060) and Clarity Max™ (1705062) Western ECL Substrates; Precision Plus Protein™ All Blue Prestained (1610373) and Precision Plus Protein Unstained, Strep-tagged (1610363) Protein Standards
Mini and Midi ChemiDoc V3 Western Workflows include:
- ChemiDoc Imaging System
- Mini-PROTEAN® Tetra Cell, 4-gel (1658004) or Criterion™ Cell (1656001) Electrophoresis Chamber
- PowerPac™ Basic Power Supply (1645050)
- Trans-Blot® Turbo™ Transfer System (1704150)
- 4–20% Mini-PROTEAN® TGX Stain-Free™ or 4–20% Criterion™ TGX Stain-Free™ Protein Gels
- Buffers, Nitrocellulose Transfer Packs, Immun-Blot® LF PVDF Membranes, and other consumables
- White Sample Tray for Coomassie Blue, copper, silver, and zinc stains (12003026)
- Blue Sample Tray for nucleic acid applications with GelGreen or any SYBR® Stain (12003027)
- Holder for ChemiDoc Sample Trays and UV Shield (1708377)
- Gel Alignment Templates for ChemiDoc MP and ChemiDoc Imaging Systems (12003915)
- UV Safety Shield for ChemiDoc MP and ChemiDoc Imaging Systems (12003914)
|ChemiDoc Imaging System
|ChemiDoc V3 Western Workflow for Mini Gels
|ChemiDoc V3 Western Workflow for Midi Gels
|ChemiDoc to ChemiDoc MP Upgrade Kit
Note: Also available for increased capabilities are the ChemiDoc MP Imaging System (17001402), ChemiDoc MP V3 Western Workflows for Mini Gels (17001395), and ChemiDoc MP V3 Western Workflows for Midi Gels (17001389), which provide a broader spectrum (RGB, far red, and near infrared), multiplex fluorescence western blotting, and reduced crosstalk.