Use Criterion TGX Precast Protein Gels with IPG/prep wells for the second dimension after isoelectric focusing (IEF) when using 11 cm IPG strips or for preparative electrophoresis of proteins ~4–200 kD. The novel formulation TGX (Tris-Glycine eXtended) Gels have a long shelf life and can be used for either denaturing SDS protein separations or native electrophoresis.
Bio-Rad offers a wide range of Criterion TGX Precast Protein Gels, including other percentage gels with IPG/prep wells, as well as gels with a 700 μl prep well and 2 reference wells.
Features and Benefits
- Can be used for denaturing electrophoresis with standard running buffer containing SDS
- Laemmli-like separation in the presence of SDS
- Run time as short as 20 min
- Proteins retain native conformation and activity in the absence SDS
- IPG well accommodates 11 cm ReadyStrip™ IPG Strips
- 12 month shelf life
For faster gel and western blotting analyses, use Criterion™ TGX Stain-Free™ Precast Protein Gels.
- 2x Laemmli Sample Buffer (1610737)
- Native Sample Buffer (1610738)
- 10x Tris/Glycine/SDS Running Buffer (1610732)
- 10x Tris/Glycine Running Buffer (1610734)
- Protein Ladders and Standards (Markers) including IEF and 2-D Standards
Criterion Precast Gels Application Guide, Instruction Manual