Use the CFX384 Optical Reaction Module for precise, reproducible real-time PCR. The optical module includes an optical system for collection of fluorescent data and a thermal cycler block. SYBR® Green Supermix, 384-well PCR plates and plate seals are included.
The CFX384 Optical Reaction Module is a member of the family of interchangeable reaction modules that can be used with the C1000 Touch Thermal Cycler Chassis for PCR and real-time PCR. All modules can be quickly inserted and removed from the cycler chassis without tools.
Features and Benefits
When the CFX384 Optical Reaction Module is combined with the thermal cycler chassis, the system offers:
- Detection of up to 4 targets per well, plus a channel dedicated to singleplex FRET
- Protocol autowriter that generates an optimal protocol for your reaction components
- Thermal gradient feature that identifies optimal annealing temperature in a single run
- CFX Maestro Software and qbase+ Software for reliable validation, data analysis, and export of RDML files for conformance with MIQE guidelines
The CFX384 Touch™ Real-Time PCR Detection System has six independently controlled thermal electric units providing even, precisely controlled temperatures at all times during the run, including ramping. The reduced mass of the honeycomb block provides fast ramping and reduced settling time (time to achieve thermal uniformity).
The optical system, with five filtered LEDs and five filtered photodiodes, collects data from all wells, detecting up to four targets per well. For single-color FAM and SYBR Green I, the fast scan option reads single-channel fluorescence in all 384 wells in just 8 seconds. A channel with an LED filter–photodiode combination is dedicated to FRET singleplex experiments.
The large touch-screen interface has intuitive graphical programming and displays data traces in real time. The programmable thermal gradient feature can test eight temperatures at once to quickly determine the optimal annealing temperature, and the protocol autowriter quickly optimizes reactions, generating an optimal protocol based on your polymerase, primers, and product length.
- CFX384 Optical Reaction Module
- USB cable
- CFX Maestro Software
- Instruction manual
- qbase+ Software license
- SsoAdvanced™ Universal SYBR® Green Supermix (1725270)
- Hard-Shell® Thin-Wall 96-Well Skirted PCR Plates (HSP3805)
- Microseal® 'B' Adhesive Seals (MSB1001)
The following modules can be used with the C1000 Touch Thermal Cycler Chassis:
|Module with Starter Package*
|Dual 48/48 Fast Reaction Module
|96-Well Fast Reacton Module
|96–Deep Well Reaction Module
|384-Well Reaction Module
|For Real-Time PCR
|CFX96™ Optical Reaction Module
|CFX96 Deep Well Optical Reaction Module
|CFX384 Optical Reaction Module
The CFX96 Touch Real-Time PCR Detection System can be configured with other PCR instruments, allowing stand-alone or software control. Instrument permutations allow up to four different CFX Connect™, CFX96™, or CFX384 Systems to be controlled by one PC.
Combine any two CFX Real-Time PCR Detection Systems with the CFX Automation System II, our robotic plate handler, to create a high-throughput, automated real-time PCR system with a compact footprint.
Service Plans and Validation Tools for CFX Systems
- Bio-Rad Expert Care Service offers several service plans to keep your CFX Systems running, including ensuring that your real-time PCR systems are functioning optimally
- Certify system installation and validate system performance with CFX System IQ/OQ Service
- Verify the performance of your CFX Systems with Thermal Validation Services and the CFX Qualification Plates
- C1000 Touch Thermal Cycler Chassis (1841100)
- PX1™ PCR Plate Sealer
- PCR plastics optimized for CFX Real-Time PCR Detection Systems:
- CFX Maestro Software, Security Edition, for compliance with U.S. FDA 21 CFR Part 11 regulations
- CFX Qualification Plate for performance verification, 384-well (1845099)
- Real-Time PCR Detection Systems
- PCR Reagents and qPCR Reagents
- PCR Plastic Consumables
- PCR Seals
- PCR Analysis Software
- CFX384 Touch Real-Time PCR Detection System Specifications Sheet
- CFX384 Touch Real-Time PCR System Installation Quick Guide
- CFX96 Touch, CFX96 Touch Deep Well, and CFX384 Touch Real-Time PCR Detection Systems Instruction Manual
- CFX Qualification Plate — 384-Well Plate Format Product Insert
- Real-Time PCR Applications Guide
200 x 20 µl reactions, 2 ml (2 x 1 ml), 2x qPCR mix, contains dNTPs, iTaq DNA Polymerase, MgCl2, SYBR® Green I, enhancers, stabilizers, and a blend of passive reference dyes