Dilute protein samples 1:1 in 2x Laemmli sample buffer before loading on SDS-PAGE gels (requires the addition of β-mercaptoethanol).
- Formulation: 65.8 mM Tris-HCl, pH 6.8, 2.1% SDS, 26.3% (w/v) glycerol, 0.01% bromophenol blue
- Ready to dilute — use distilled deionized water
- Premixed loading buffer — ensures lane-to-lane consistency
- Quality-controlled reagent — guarantees reproducible results
We offer additional sample buffers and reagents for protein electrophoresis including the following sample buffers:
- 4x Laemmli sample buffer (161-0747)
- Native PAGE sample buffer (161-0738)
- Tricine sample buffer (161-0739)
- IEF sample buffer (161-0763)
- Zymogram sample buffer (161-0764)
- XT sample buffer (161-0791)
Instructions for Use:
Step 1: Prepare 2x sample buffer containing β-mercaptoethanol (BME) by mixing 950 µl of 2x Laemmli sample buffer (161-0737) with 50 µl of BME (161-0710);
Step 2: Dilute protein sample 1:1 in sample buffer from Step 1. For example: 100 µl protein sample + 100 µl 2x sample buffer containing BME;
Step 3: Heat sample at 95°C for 5 min. Load samples onto SDS-PAGE gels.