The XplOrer64 System uses an innovative automated method for the same-day detection and enumeration of E. coli and/or Enterococci in recreational bathing water, fresh surface water, and seawater. It is the first alternative method with a double certification by AFNOR Validation for microbiological bathing water monitoring.
Intended Use: Real-Time Water Quality Testing
Recreational bathing water quality is monitored by testing for two indicators of fecal contamination: E. coli and intestinal Enterococci. The compact XplOrer64 System and the CheckN'Safe™ Kits for Water Quality Testing range of reagents meet the need for both routine monitoring for contamination and managing crisis situations. The system provides reliable same-day results for determining whether the quality of water is acceptable for swimming or, if a beach or other area must be closed or can be reopened after closure. The method allows users to monitor the water quality continuously and in real time, up to 64 samples at a time.
- First alternative method to MUG/EC and MUD/SF microplates (Reference Methods EN ISO 9308-3 for E. coli and 7899-1 for Enterococci) to be certified by AFNOR validation for monitoring of bathing water
- Easy-to-use method to quantify E. coli and/or intestinal Enterococci without confirmation
- Random access loading of up to 64 samples simultaneously for high flexibility and throughput
- Automated method from testing to final report; information available in real-time (every 10 min)
- Instantaneous reading for easy interpretation
- Possibility to link several systems to the same computer; LIMS enabled
- The higher the level of microbiological contamination, the shorter the time to results
The XplOrer64 method is an automated system that uses impedance measurements in a liquid medium to determine numbers of bacteria over time. For each sample, after deposition of bacteria on a membrane by filtration of up to 100 ml water, the membrane is placed in a cell containing CheckN'Safe Culture Medium specific to the bacteria being detected. The cell is placed in the XplOrer64 System and warmed to the optimum temperature for growth of the environmental strain(s). The system has two independent incubators providing the ability to simultaneous measure both E. coli and Enterococci. Reading of impedance is automated and performed at 10 min intervals, providing results in real time. Results are given as “organism/100 ml” by the XplOrer64 Software. The user-friendly software interprets the results, according to the water quality criteria classification set by regulations (CEE/76/160 Directive or 2006/7/CE, or AFSSET 2007 recommendations) or other local regulations.
The XplOrer64 System has several advantages over other water quality testing methods including;
- Impedance can be used for analysis of samples that are turbid or opaque and/or contain small particulates. These types of samples can interfere with methods that use detection of light and with low counts on plates
- Results can be obtained much more quickly than traditional manual culture methods, permitting faster response times to contamination. Same-day results for active management of recreational water
- This automated method is less labor intensive, requiring less skill and training of personnel
- Database creation (XplOrer64 Smart View) for easily accessible reliable traceability
- CheckN'Safe E.coli Kit, 60 tests (3554720)
- CheckN'Safe Enterococci Kit, 60 tests (3554721)
- CheckN'Safe Coliforms Kit, 60 tests (3554722)
- CheckN'Safe Screw Caps (3593457)
- MUD and MUG Microplates