StarBright Blue 520 Secondary Antibodies, with an excitation maximum at 440 nm and emission maximum at 520 nm, are ideal for fluorescent western blotting. The StarBright fluorophore is a fluorescent nanoparticle that gives a signal that is considerably brighter than conventional dyes.
StarBright Blue 520 Conjugated Goat Anti-Mouse and Goat Anti-Rabbit Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies are ideal for the detection of a single-target protein or for multiplex detection of several proteins on one blot, without stripping and reprobing. StarBright Blue 520 Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies can be used with far-red emission StarBright Blue 700 Antibodies as well as traditional fluorescent detection reagents like Alexa Fluor and DyLight Conjugated Antibodies. In addition, StarBright Antibodies can be used with Bio-Rad's stain-free technology and/or with hFAB Rhodamine Anti-Housekeeping Primary Antibodies for protein normalization. These antibodies are optimized for use with the ChemiDoc MP Imaging System, permitting detection of up to three proteins in a single blot.
Features and Benefits
- Easy multiplexing — can be used with traditional fluorescent antibodies or with Bio-Rad's StarBright Blue 700 Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies to detect multiple proteins on the same blot
- High sensitivity — StarBright Blue 520 Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies (Exmax/Emmax = 440 nm/520 nm) have 2–4 fold higher sensitivity compared to traditional green emitters like Alexa Fluor 488 or DyLight 488 Antibodies
- Short exposure time — the exceptional brightness of the StarBright Fluorophore leads to shorter exposure times compared to traditional fluorescent dyes: seconds vs. minutes
- Low nonspecific binding — the StarBright Fluorophore is conjugated to highly cross-adsorbed antibodies
Applications and Uses
StarBright Blue 520 Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies can be used for multiplex fluorescent western blotting with Bio-Rad's ultra-sensitive near IR StarBright Blue 700 Antibodies and the hFAB Rhodamine Anti-Housekeeping Antibodies as described in the table below.
Recommended Fluorophore Combinations
|1||StarBright Blue 700||—||—|
|2||StarBright Blue 700||hFAB Rhodamine HKP* Antibody (α-actin/tubulin/GAPDH)||—|
|3||StarBright Blue 700||StarBright Blue 520||hFAB Rhodamine HKP Antibody (α-actin/tubulin/GAPDH)|
|Products||Cross-Adsorbed Species||Catalog Number|
|StarBright Blue 520 Goat Anti-Mouse IgG, 80 µl||•||•||•||•||•||12005867|
|StarBright Blue 520 Goat Anti-Mouse IgG, 400 µl||•||•||•||•||•||12005866|
|StarBright Blue 520 Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, 80 µl||•||•||•||•||•||12005870|
|StarBright Blue 520 Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, 400 µl||•||•||•||•||•||12005869|
- StarBright Blue 700 Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies
- hFAB Rhodamine Housekeeping Protein Fluorescent Primary Antibodies
- PrecisionAb Western Blotting Primary Antibodies
- Mini-PROTEAN TGX Stain-Free Precast Gels
- ChemiDoc MP Imaging System
- DyLight Fluorescent Antibodies
- Fluorescent Western Blotting Antibodies Flier
- StarBright Blue Fluorescent Secondary Antibodies Instruction Manual
Use the filters below to refine results!